FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone here works

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

When you have to process a 30k refund after the person only donated the money for a tax write off , then requests the money back once their taxes are completed it can make you feel a certain type of way.

I wouldn't have refunded sh!t. If I absolutely had to, I'd report their asses to the IRS immediately.
Sponsored Links

juicifruit89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

When you have to process a 30k refund after the person only donated the money for a tax write off , then requests the money back once their taxes are completed it can make you feel a certain type of way.

I wouldn't have refunded sh!t. If I absolutely had to, I'd report their asses to the IRS immediately.

Yep. Reported immediately lol.
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:25pm

as a nonprofit, you could have said you spent it. where do they refund nonprofit donations?  i would have immediately reported this.  
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:31pm
yes, i work for nonprofit, and have been an executive director for two. i will say that it certainly is the type of work that you have to really like and enjoy what you do.  people in nonprofit certainly dont get into it for the money. 

pros: rewarding, no day is the same, changing lives, opportunities to outreach, fund raise, meet people from all types of background, fields, etc.

cons: burnout, funding challenges, low pay, depending on the nonprofit, work is around the clock in some way, shape or form. 

i love it...but of course, its not for everyone.  good luck!!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

I am the founder/Artistic Director of a non-profit and the main con is job stability. I would suggest working for a NFP that has been around for many years because they tend to have consistent donors and grants that they receive funding from. It is harder for start ups to get funding, so I would steer clear of those. There are some non-profits that charge a membership or charge people based on income requirements to generate income. If you do work for a newer NFP, I would suggest the ones that aren't solely dependant upon donors, grants, outside funding.

good advice and congrats!
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

They can ask for the money back???Confused Is that legal?

I guess so, they will usually have the " husband" call and say my wife made a donation to your organization without my permission, I would love to help but I cannot give that much. Mind you they have already received their paperwork needed to get the tax write off, so even though a new letter is sent I am sure that is not the one they submit to their accountant.

The only way it is caught is if for some reason they are audited.Confused
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

as a nonprofit, you could have said you spent it. where do they refund nonprofit donations?  i would have immediately reported this.  

Technically they have 30 days to get a refund so they send the payment in around the last week in December, they will raise holy hell if because of the mail and us being closed for the holidays if their donation is not input into the system for the last calender year. That is when you know they are up to something, if you have that much money to give what difference does it make. 

It is not my policy, I just work there... the first year I was quite disgusted now sadly it doesn't surprise me anymore. You can't really call them a fraud because some people are actual victims of cc fraud. Hackers will steal batches of CC and make donation to United Way, Red Cross just to see if the account is valid. 

So they will make small donations, then they will see a bunch of Apple products on their card.
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 12:24am

Shocked

I'd be one snitchin mofo!
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:37am

Wow are you seriousShocked is this legal
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:47am
I work for one. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System