Perfect Hair Collection

Anyone here works

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone here works
    Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:51am
for a non-profit organisation. Are their any really good benefits to working for such an organisation. Pro's and Cons please. 

Thank you in advnce for your input  BHM.
Sponsored Links

BHMModerator5 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
BHM Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote BHMModerator5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:07am
I have a friend that works for one. Every year she worries about her job due to them getting in funds for her project. She actually got cut from a project but they moved her to another one but she had to take a pay cut which didn't help being that she doesn't make much already.

She loves her job though that is the thing, guess it balances out for her. I tried getting her a job where I work dealing in the grants section, that is a great skill to have. She never sent me her resume it would have been about a 20k increase in salary.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:10am
I do sort of , but you should make sure that the non-profit you work for is actually a REAL non profit organization. Some of the larger ones do other things to off-set the non profit side. 

The reward is helping people, but its sad sometimes people who really need help can't get it and then there are the con artists. 

I could tell you some very disgusting things rich people do Ouch
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:30am
Thank you guys, 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:33am
It has to be a passion and not something you're trying to get into for money because the grants can be cut and no more work.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:39am
agree with both of the posts above.  mine may be wonky. we're a non-profit transitioning into for profit. 

pros:

doing the work you love 
helping people/seeing the effect of your work
being around similar altruistic people via co workers 
being a salary worker 

cons: 

everything to do with money --
      budgets/funding/grants
      being a salary worker
      justifying your dept/position 
      (generally) lower pay
      seeing/knowing how funds are split to depts and bosses vs workers

possibly being overwhelmed 
bureaucracy for everything

Edited by nekamarie83 - Feb 05 2014 at 10:45am
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:42am
When you have to process a 30k refund after the person only donated the money for a tax write off , then requests the money back once their taxes are completed it can make you feel a certain type of way.
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 11:43am
I am the founder/Artistic Director of a non-profit and the main con is job stability. I would suggest working for a NFP that has been around for many years because they tend to have consistent donors and grants that they receive funding from. It is harder for start ups to get funding, so I would steer clear of those. There are some non-profits that charge a membership or charge people based on income requirements to generate income. If you do work for a newer NFP, I would suggest the ones that aren't solely dependant upon donors, grants, outside funding.

Edited by 305bgirl - Feb 05 2014 at 11:45am
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

When you have to process a 30k refund after the person only donated the money for a tax write off , then requests the money back once their taxes are completed it can make you feel a certain type of way.

They can ask for the money back???Confused Is that legal?
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Umm lol I would not have written a refund. Are you serious? Once they gave the organization that money it became the organization's money.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic