Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Anyone here an only child?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 12:34am
me.
no me gusta tho.
im always lonely and there are no other siblings to distract my mom from me
both my parents came from big families.
Sponsored Links

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 12:43am
I was for about 8 years. Now? Not so much.

Im closer to my cousins than I am to my sister, and the age difference has very little to do with it.

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Jan 29 2013 at 12:43am
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 6:41am
OP seems hell bent on making everyone believe only children is the way to go. Why don't you just take on board people's opinions instead of trying to debunk all the ones you have not experienced....
CherryCola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:43am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

OP seems hell bent on making everyone believe only children is the way to go. Why don't you just take on board people's opinions instead of trying to debunk all the ones you have not experienced....

Huh?  That's not true.  I never said only children is the way to go.  I just don't agree with all the negativity about only children being lonely or spoiled.  What's wrong with that?  Would you feel better if I said....yeah being an only child is horrible, lonely, etc?  How do you feel about the many people who feel that siblings are the way to go? 

And I have experienced a lot.  Most people I know have siblings, and they can be spoiled, selfish, and lonely.  Having siblngs is not a magical cure for everything.

Also, I didn't take on people's opinons because I was only interested in how many only children are on the forum.   That's all.  Why the hostility? 

Edited by CherryCola - Jan 29 2013 at 7:48am
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:47am
Originally posted by CherryCola CherryCola wrote:

Originally posted by juicygyrl juicygyrl wrote:

Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

Im an only child, and it was all good until I lost my parents . I really wished I had a sibling(s) to weather both of the storms with me. This is why I want so badly to start and have a large family.

This is why I would like my baby to have a sibling. My husband only wants one child, and I fear my baby being alone once we are gone. Me being the youngest of 8 siblings we are very close, I feel sad my baby will not have that sibling bond that I share with my brothers and sisters. I mean my baby has tons of cousins but there is no bond like a sibling bond.

"No bond like a sibling bond?"  What about the many people who are estranged from their siblings?

Also:

"Nearly 2 million children use a weapon as a means of resolving a physical confrontation with a sibling.

Siblings commit 10 percent of the murders in the American family.

Children who are abused by their sibling(s) can become aggressive bullies.

Bullying starts in many American homes.

Each year, siblings abuse 19 million children…in their own home.

The linkage between bullying and sibling abuse has been grossly overlooked."

Source: Siblingsbully.com

Also, here's an interesting book about the dark side of siblings:

"Cain's Legacy: Liberating Siblings from a Lifetime of Rage, Shame, Secrecy, and Regret." Jeanne Safer

Here's a quote from Cain's Legacy: "Bonds between brothers and sisters are among the longest lasting and most emotionally significant of human relationships. But while 45 percent of adults struggle with serious sibling strife, few discuss it openly. Even fewer resolve it to their satisfaction."

OP why don't you want us to have more than one child Geek you seem to be going hard for the cause Ouch
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:49am

gurrrllll. me and you are here, I was reading page 4 like wth is going on here ConfusedLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:51am
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Originally posted by juicygyrl juicygyrl wrote:

Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

Im an only child, and it was all good until I lost my parents . I really wished I had a sibling(s) to weather both of the storms with me. This is why I want so badly to start and have a large family.

This is why I would like my baby to have a sibling. My husband only wants one child, and I fear my baby being alone once we are gone. Me being the youngest of 8 siblings we are very close, I feel sad my baby will not have that sibling bond that I share with my brothers and sisters. I mean my baby has tons of cousins but there is no bond like a sibling bond.

"No bond like a sibling bond?"  What about the many people who are estranged from their siblings?

Also:

"Nearly 2 million children use a weapon as a means of resolving a physical confrontation with a sibling.

Siblings commit 10 percent of the murders in the American family.

Children who are abused by their sibling(s) can become aggressive bullies.

Bullying starts in many American homes.

Each year, siblings abuse 19 million children…in their own home.

The linkage between bullying and sibling abuse has been grossly overlooked."

Source: Siblingsbully.com

Also, here's an interesting book about the dark side of siblings:

"Cain's Legacy: Liberating Siblings from a Lifetime of Rage, Shame, Secrecy, and Regret." Jeanne Safer

Here's a quote from Cain's Legacy: "Bonds between brothers and sisters are among the longest lasting and most emotionally significant of human relationships. But while 45 percent of adults struggle with serious sibling strife, few discuss it openly. Even fewer resolve it to their satisfaction."

OP why don't you want us to have more than one child Geek you seem to be going hard for the cause Ouch

People also seem to be going hard saying that an only child is lonely etc.  I have nothing against anyone having more than one child.  However, I'm not against anyone having one child, either.

The only reason I showed the facts about sibling bullying is because a poster stated "There is nothing like a sibling bond."  Not all siblings are close or have a bond.  What's wrong with me admitting that?

Edited by CherryCola - Jan 29 2013 at 7:57am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:53am

gurrrllll. me and you are here, I was reading page 4 like wth is going on here ConfusedLOL

I was pointing out that not all siblings are close because a poster stated "There's nothing like a sibling bond."  Did you not see the comment?  Why does pointing out that no situation is perfect bother you?

Edited by CherryCola - Jan 29 2013 at 7:56am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:59am

I was pointing out that not all siblings are close because a poster stated "There's nothing like a sibling bond."  Did you not see the comment?  Why does pointing out that no situation is perfect bother you?
You have made your point at least 5 times on every page. Just chill a lil bit Confused
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 8:03am
inshallah ill have four kids. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
  Share Topic