BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Anyone here an only child?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryCola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by juicygyrl juicygyrl wrote:

Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

Im an only child, and it was all good until I lost my parents . I really wished I had a sibling(s) to weather both of the storms with me. This is why I want so badly to start and have a large family.

This is why I would like my baby to have a sibling. My husband only wants one child, and I fear my baby being alone once we are gone. Me being the youngest of 8 siblings we are very close, I feel sad my baby will not have that sibling bond that I share with my brothers and sisters. I mean my baby has tons of cousins but there is no bond like a sibling bond.

"No bond like a sibling bond?"  What about the many people who are estranged from their siblings?

Also:

"Nearly 2 million children use a weapon as a means of resolving a physical confrontation with a sibling.

Siblings commit 10 percent of the murders in the American family.

Children who are abused by their sibling(s) can become aggressive bullies.

Bullying starts in many American homes.

Each year, siblings abuse 19 million children…in their own home.

The linkage between bullying and sibling abuse has been grossly overlooked."

Source: Siblingsbully.com

Also, here's an interesting book about the dark side of siblings:

"Cain's Legacy: Liberating Siblings from a Lifetime of Rage, Shame, Secrecy, and Regret." Jeanne Safer

Here's a quote from Cain's Legacy: "Bonds between brothers and sisters are among the longest lasting and most emotionally significant of human relationships. But while 45 percent of adults struggle with serious sibling strife, few discuss it openly. Even fewer resolve it to their satisfaction."

Edited by CherryCola - Jan 28 2013 at 4:55pm
Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:42pm
I'm not, but I'm not close with my siblings and I've always felt like an only child.
My siblings feel more like distant cousins than siblings.
I'm a huge family person so it hurts me.
I hate being alone so I want to have a big family with 5-8 children.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:48pm

Im an only child, and it was all good until I lost my parents . I really wished I had a sibling(s) to weather both of the storms with me. This is why I want so badly to start and have a large family.

This is why I would like my baby to have a sibling. My husband only wants one child, and I fear my baby being alone once we are gone.

But you could have 5 siblings for your baby and he could still be "alone."  Siblings are human as well, and they can die (young or old).  Siblings don't usually die together, so one of your children will be the last sibling left on this earth.....minus siblings.

And if you and your siblings are so close, then won't your baby have his aunts, uncles and cousins?  Surely, your close siblings won't shun your baby.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:59pm

This is why I would like my baby to have a sibling. My husband only wants one child, and I fear my baby being alone once we are gone. Me being the youngest of 8 siblings we are very close, I feel sad my baby will not have that sibling bond that I share with my brothers and sisters. I mean my baby has tons of cousins but there is no bond like a sibling bond.

I was watching Dr. Drew and the Debarge family were on the show. James Debarge (Janet Jackson ex-husband) said that his oldest brother abused him in every way, every way.

Kathy Lee Gifford and Monique have said that they were molested by their own brothers.

Halle Berry is estranged from her siblings.

Madonna's brother is homeless and tried to write a tell all book about her.

Jody Foster's brother is threatening to write a tell all book about her and she is against it.

Jermaine Jackson is married to his younger brother's wife and he has kids by her.  Jermaine also wrote the song about Michael changing his skin color, obviously knowing it will embarass and ruin his brother's reputation.

Olivia De Haviland and her sister Joan Fontaine have been estranged since 1942.

Julia Robert and her brother Eric Roberts have been estranged for years. I think they tolerate each other now, though.

Liam Gallegher and Noel Gallegher are brothers and have a troubled relationship.

Barry Gibb was also estranged from his brother Robin and didn't even want to visit him on his dying bed.  Barbara Streisand had to shame him into seeing his own brother.

Mariah Carey is estranged from her sister.

Princess Diana said that her two sisters were mean to her and ganged up on her.

Drew Barrymore is not close to her siblings and didn't even want them at her wedding.

Robin Thicke had mentioned several times that he and his brother were never close.

R. Kelly is not close to any of his siblings.  His brother has been on interviews trashing R. Kelly saying that R. Kelly can't read and that R. Kelly is a child molester.

The Jackson siblings were recently at odds and divided about Katherine Jackson's disappearance.  Also, Michael Jackson left his siblings nothing in his will.

Tracy Morgan's siblings refer to him as being "evil."

Rick James left his siblings nothing in his will.

Donna Summer's daughters are fighting over her will.

Martin Luther King's kids were at odds over inheritance.

Also, my aunt works at a funeral and nursing home and she said that some of the stories about siblings fighting/hating/resenting each other would curl your toes  Trust me, it's not pretty. .

Edited by CherryCola - Jan 28 2013 at 5:10pm
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 5:14pm
I enjoy my only child life. I can admit that I'm spoiled (first grand child too) and expect to get my way at times. In my favor, I'm VERY generous and thoughtful. I really care about people.

However, I have wondered about feeling lonely when my mom isn't here anymore. We're so close and I know I'd miss her SO much…

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

I enjoy my only child life. I can admit that I'm spoiled (first grand child too) and expect to get my way at times. In my favor, I'm VERY generous and thoughtful. I really care about people.

However, I have wondered about feeling lonely when my mom isn't here anymore. We're so close and I know I'd miss her SO much…
I understand.

But siblings aren't the only ones to keep you from being alone.  Cousins, friends, spouses, aunts, uncles, and your own kids count as well.

Plus, you can still feel alone with siblings.  My neighbor has 8 siblings and I've never seen them at his house.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 5:25pm

My mother's co-worker was in the hospital with a staph infection and nearly died.  Her parents are deceased, but she has 10 siblings.  Not one sibling came to visit her.  She was hurt and embarrassed. 

Edited by CherryCola - Jan 28 2013 at 5:26pm
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 5:26pm

I love my life, but this is one of my biggest fears, being so totally alone. Its also why i knew i would have multiple (3) children.
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by CherryCola CherryCola wrote:

"No bond like a sibling bond?"  What about the many people who are estranged from their siblings?

Also:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" ="Msonormal"><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; COLOR: #3e3e3e; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">"Nearly 2 million children use a weapon as a means of resolving a physical confrontation with a sibling.

Siblings commit 10 percent of the murders in the American family.

Children who are abused by their sibling(s) can become aggressive bullies.

Bullying starts in many American homes.

Each year, siblings abuse 19 million children…in their own home.

The linkage between bullying and sibling abuse has been grossly overlooked."

Source: Siblingsbully.com

Also, here's an interesting book about the dark side of siblings:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; COLOR: #3e3e3e; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">"Cain's Legacy: Liberating Siblings from a Lifetime of Rage, Shame, Secrecy, and Regret." Jeanne Safer

Here's a quote from Cain's Legacy: "Bonds between brothers and sisters are among the longest lasting and most emotionally significant of human relationships. But while 45 percent of adults struggle with serious sibling strife, few discuss it openly. Even fewer resolve it to their satisfaction."<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P></SPAN>

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>
</SPAN>

You could use a little empathy.
apple_sauce View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote apple_sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

This is all of me exactly
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>