Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone here an only child?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by CherryCola CherryCola wrote:

Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by CherryCola CherryCola wrote:

Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Me!

Just you and me?  I guess we really are rare, huh?
Make that three!! My mom asked me if I wanted siblings. I said, "no, that's ok" and the rest is history.

I have yet to regret this decision and I doubt I ever will.

Nekamarie, my parents asked me the same thing, and I said "I'm good." lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes being an only child. Smile

I love it, always have.
Sponsored Links

Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:41pm
I am an only child.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:42pm
Nope. Two brothers and five sisters. Big family Smile
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

I am an only child.
Where you been women ? I waited for you Inaugural pictures . CryHeart
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

I am an only child.
Where you been women ? I waited for you Inaugural pictures . CryHeart

Hey woman, sure I will send you pictures Big smile.   I had a procedure done, the day after we returned home.  I am just now getting back to normal HeartHug.
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:52pm
Im an only child, and it was all good until I lost my parents . I really wished I had a sibling(s) to weather both of the storms with me. This is why I want so badly to start and have a large family.

Edited by Qualified - Jan 28 2013 at 3:54pm
juicygyrl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote juicygyrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

Im an only child, and it was all good until I lost my parents . I really wished I had a sibling(s) to weather both of the storms with me. This is why I want so badly to start and have a large family.

This is why I would like my baby to have a sibling. My husband only wants one child, and I fear my baby being alone once we are gone. Me being the youngest of 8 siblings we are very close, I feel sad my baby will not have that sibling bond that I share with my brothers and sisters. I mean my baby has tons of cousins but there is no bond like a sibling bond.

Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:23pm
Yea, try to convince him otherwise, because losing your parents can be such a blow. I have so many first cousins and aunt/uncles, but I do believe nothing would have been better than to have that bro/sis to get through the rough times with. The hardest thing was going to the funeral home to view my mom before the wake. The hardest thing ever. Because tho I was surrounded by loved ones (her siblings, nieces/nephews) etc, I felt so alone.
Then when my dad passed, though our relationship wasnt nearly as close as my relationship with my mother, still the same lonliness came over me. And to this day, when I struggle with the saddness of it all, I feel like everyone else has gone on with their lives, but sometime Im here struggling to get through it alone. So yea, definitely try to convince him to have more babies.
CherryCola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:32pm

Many people drift apart from their siblings after their parents death.

CherryCola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryCola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:34pm

Yea, try to convince him otherwise, because losing your parents can be such a blow. I have so many first cousins and aunt/uncles, but I do believe nothing would have been better than to have that bro/sis to get through the rough times with. The hardest thing was going to the funeral home to view my mom before the wake. The hardest thing ever. Because tho I was surrounded by loved ones (her siblings, nieces/nephews) etc, I felt so alone.

Maybe if you have the right kind of sibling, but you could still feel alone with siblings.  Suppose your siblings did not get along with your deceased parents.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic