BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

anyone heard of this 4 way sew in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
yayatheprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yayatheprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I'm seeing this more and more.
Not getting the excitement. All of the pics boasting about the "versatility" are showing styles most adult women wouldn't wear anyway.
Most of these amazing styles seem like the only reason someone would wear their hair that way would be a feeble attempt to prove that they're not wearing a weave. Who wears their hair in four ponytails? Lol

LOL i forgot i ever made this post. the four ponytails is a big joke, but i do like the pics of the two french braids. and the half up half down. i still haven't attempted to try this but i will on my mannequin head/friend's head when i get home.
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 1:15am
I think it looks amazing! BUt the issue is you can't hide your hair with this (i.e naturals/new growth or short hair will give you away, any false move with the texture and your real look is over! it that case it's like every other sew in
ILOVEBEYONCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ILOVEBEYONCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 12:21pm
In my opinion this technique is best for relaxed girls or natural girls who buy hair that blends easily with their own. It's a lot of leaveout and in my opinion there's nothing so great about it. At first the 4 ponytails is what drew me in and then I thought, who the heck wears their hair like that ? Half up/half down is cute but you can get that look and French braids with a regular versatile sewin but your stitch game has to be on point so that the tracks are close enough to not expose you when you do.
Teesweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 1:33pm
Seems like too much leave-out and may be damaging to the natural hair.
jazzired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 10:28am
Seems like this would be more seemless with just clip ins instead of sewing the pieces.  After all of that leaveout you might as well do clipins.
Annahir F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annahir F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:39pm
^I agree that clip ins would be better.

This screams damage for natural girls and too much manipulation for women relaxed or natural. With the clip in you'll get the versatility, blends and looks real (if you get the right texture of course), and you can take them out at night. Once you take the sewed parts out if you're natural and you end up with heat damage you'll have drastically different textures in your head looking crazy.

And for any weave to look realistic your hair has to be healthy with full edges and a nice amount of length. If your leave out is super short & damaged but just enough to cover tracks it'll be noticeable that it's weave. Which is perfectly fine but I'm assuming the point of this method is to look like your real hair.
SUCHAd0LL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUCHAd0LL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 7:21am
I've always thought about versatile braiding patterns. I would like my sew-ins to be more versatile in the front half (sometimes). Personally, I wouldn't do the vixen sew-in it's too much leave out and blending would be a hassle.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic