Perfect Hair Collection

anyone heard of this "4 way sew in"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

Yes, me and my sister used to do this. There were issues with doing weaves this way. It required the "right" amount of hair, "right" amount of thickness, when the hair was down there was this thin section between the parts, and the grow out was a pain when the hair would start reverting. We finally stopped braiding and sewing the hair and had better success with that black weave glue. Hate to say it, but with the glue it was flawless....until you had to take that stanky, sticky, mess out Unhappy.

Thanks Arabella.

I'll bet that was a mess. I just couldn't figure out what would be the purpose of getting a weave like that unless it was for a really particular look. And how many grown ups wear pigtails? None that I know.

I am slowly, albeit sadly, coming to terms with the fact that closures won't work for me. I mean, I could wear them if I slide them back five or six inches, but what would be the point?

Ah... and how sad I am. Cause I just love the look, and freedom, of a closure done right.

Your clients are lucky to have an honest stylist.
Sponsored Links

OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by yayatheprincess yayatheprincess wrote:

Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

Yes I've done this before but 2 ways with a section of leave out in the middle. I'd do it again if I wanted to wear half up half down styles.

how did you prevent it from looking bulky? also, what was your braid pattern? i've always thought of it but never sat down and tried it. lolll

A small, flat braid. I folded the wefts over and they were split so they weren't as bulky and stiff.
yayatheprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yayatheprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 7:01pm

Yes, me and my sister used to do this. There were issues with doing weaves this way. It required the "right" amount of hair, "right" amount of thickness, when the hair was down there was this thin section between the parts, and the grow out was a pain when the hair would start reverting. We finally stopped braiding and sewing the hair and had better success with that black weave glue. Hate to say it, but with the glue it was flawless....until you had to take that stanky, sticky, mess out Unhappy.

LOL i used to think i was a beastttt with in between glue-ins.
...until the dreadful take down. Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yayatheprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Thanks Arabella.

I'll bet that was a mess. I just couldn't figure out what would be the purpose of getting a weave like that unless it was for a really particular look. And how many grown ups wear pigtails? None that I know.

I am slowly, albeit sadly, coming to terms with the fact that closures won't work for me. I mean, I could wear them if I slide them back five or six inches, but what would be the point?

Ah... and how sad I am. Cause I just love the look, and freedom, of a closure done right.

Your clients are lucky to have an honest stylist.

i'm too old for some pigtails LOL but the half up half down part was what inspired me. also, i'm starting to like the two french braids going back so that would be beneficial for that. and have you ever thought of a frontal perhaps? that way your whole hairline is covered?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yayatheprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by xx_quanna_x xx_quanna_x wrote:

Originally posted by RedWine RedWine wrote:

That method would be awesome if it wasn't so bulky. It looks fake, but I get the idea. This method has potential.

it really depends on who does it and how small/flat the braids are. 
Iv seen the 'vixen sew-in' on ms_willaworld + others instagram and it came out flawless

i'm going to go lurk mswillaworld. it does have potential if that middle part wasn't so thick. i might practice on my mannequin head.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 7:12pm
Just get a full lace wig.....

TBH it looks like 4 extremely bulky quads......I rather a flat install than pigtails.....

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Jan 31 2014 at 7:31pm
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 2:15pm
I'm seeing this more and more.
Not getting the excitement. All of the pics boasting about the "versatility" are showing styles most adult women wouldn't wear anyway.
Most of these amazing styles seem like the only reason someone would wear their hair that way would be a feeble attempt to prove that they're not wearing a weave. Who wears their hair in four ponytails? Lol
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I'm seeing this more and more.
Not getting the excitement. All of the pics boasting about the "versatility" are showing styles most adult women wouldn't wear anyway.
Most of these amazing styles seem like the only reason someone would wear their hair that way would be a feeble attempt to prove that they're not wearing a weave. Who wears their hair in four ponytails? Lol

My 2 and 7 year old LOL
Keezyanduknoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keezyanduknoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 6:10pm
Righhhhtttt, lol!
nappyface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappyface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 6:20pm
I'm ooooold. I wear 2 plaits when working out and sometimes when I sleep. Its sooo comfy. I love the half up, half down styles. For me it works as I choose to leave partings where I need them, so I can flip from middle to side parts, wear high ponies with cornrows etc. I self install mine during summer when its too hot for my LFs.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic