Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone heard of this "4 way sew in"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
yayatheprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yayatheprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone heard of this "4 way sew in"?
    Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:15am
i know i used to think of ideas like this when i was younger and new to weaves, but has anyone ever done this process or had it done before?

my personal opinion with this particular video is that the middle part looks somewhat bulky to me but this seems like an interesting idea if executed properly. i've been wanting to try the tae heckard front in a bun back out look.

thoughts? 
[i tried to post the video but kept getting an error]

Sponsored Links

OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:38am
Yes I've done this before but 2 ways with a section of leave out in the middle. I'd do it again if I wanted to wear half up half down styles.
thebombdotkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:39am
No but it looks amazing
yayatheprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yayatheprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:45am
Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

Yes I've done this before but 2 ways with a section of leave out in the middle. I'd do it again if I wanted to wear half up half down styles.

how did you prevent it from looking bulky? also, what was your braid pattern? i've always thought of it but never sat down and tried it. lolll
Unique Monique View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unique Monique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 7:45am
I have done this before....well 3 way not 4 way. Braids and hair wefts are key.
*SUCCMIDRY* View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SUCCMIDRY* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:48am
Someone just posted this a few days ago it was discussed a tad bit
RedWine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 12:11pm
That method would be awesome if it wasn't so bulky. It looks fake, but I get the idea. This method has potential.
xx_quanna_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx_quanna_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by RedWine RedWine wrote:

That method would be awesome if it wasn't so bulky. It looks fake, but I get the idea. This method has potential.

it really depends on who does it and how small/flat the braids are. 
Iv seen the 'vixen sew-in' on ms_willaworld + others instagram and it came out flawless

Edited by xx_quanna_x - Jan 31 2014 at 1:10pm
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:13pm
I posted the question because I was searching for ideas on what to do with my hair and didn't really get the idea of this 4-way weave.

Of course, I want a weave so that none of my hair is out, but I don't really think that'll ever happen because of my hairline.

Heavy sigh but that's life.
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 4:27pm
Yes, me and my sister used to do this. There were issues with doing weaves this way. It required the "right" amount of hair, "right" amount of thickness, when the hair was down there was this thin section between the parts, and the grow out was a pain when the hair would start reverting. We finally stopped braiding and sewing the hair and had better success with that black weave glue. Hate to say it, but with the glue it was flawless....until you had to take that stanky, sticky, mess out Unhappy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style