Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone ever visited Orlandos Theme Park resorts?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAnyone ever visited Orlandos Theme Park resorts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone ever visited Orlandos Theme Park resorts?
    Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 8:05pm
Either Universal Orlando Resort or Disney World Resort?

Where did you stay? How much did you spend (roughly)? How was your experience?
Sponsored Links

TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 8:08pm
I went to Disney World and that sh*t was crowded as hell. I don't think we stayed at Disney's resort but it's probably best that you do when you aren't from Florida. Easier access to the park, resturants, etc. hth.

eta: don't get on tower of terror! i cried on that mess LOL

Edited by TayTay - Apr 04 2010 at 8:07pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 8:09pm
I've been to Disney twice and Universal like 6 times and im from Florida, but I'm just checking for opinions on the actual resorts. I'm debating if its worth it.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by TayTay TayTay wrote:

I went to Disney World and that sh*t was crowded as hell. I don't think we stayed at Disney's resort but it's probably best that you do when you aren't from Florida. Easier access to the park, resturants, etc. hth.

eta: don't get on tower of terror! i cried on that mess LOL

Blasphemy. One of the only rides at Disney that's worth the linewait. LOL
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 8:15pm
oh okay since you're from florida, then don't stay there. im sure you can find a better price somewhere else, it's expensive, nice hotel, but expensive.

i hated tower of terror, of course i was only 11 when i first got on it lol! sh*t still made me cry though.
Ms.Sham View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 8:18pm
I stayed at the Hilton Resorts both times I went. I liked Universal Studios the best. Disney World was so blah to me, but there was a water park there called Typhoon Lagoon that was off the chain.
TrueFlawlessOne View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 8:18pm
I have been to all the theme parks in Orlando and I would say that Islands of Adventure is the best park to go to by far.
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 8:24pm
Quote My younger sisters did not have nearly as much fun at Disney World as they did at Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure. Maybe because we went to the Magic Kingdom and not Epcot. And yes, it is cheaper.

We had a 7 day package deal to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Wet & Wild. We also bought a 1 day pass to Disney World.

DO not deal with E Tour and Travel it is FAR too expensive and their customer reps are plain RUDE.

Check TicketMomma for deals.

We stayed at Extended Stay Deluxe in Lake Buena Vista which is down the steet from Disney. It was ok, we didn't have internet access as I thought we would. Also, the laundry machines require money as well as the game room. There is a pool out pack with a jacuzzi. Oh and a free continental breakfast every morning. It's surrounded by lots of restaurants.

The above is from a previous thread....not sure if it's the info you're looking for but if not just disregard. But to add....
I think it cost about $7,000 total ( I don't even know if that counted the food) <-----I didn't pay, so I don't know.
In the park, we spend $14 on water for the 6 of us one day.(I'd avoid buying anything really in the park). When we went to Disney, I think we spent about the same amount ($10-14) for Mickey Mouse ice cream. One thing I thought was kind of convienent were the all you can eat meal bands. I forget how much it cost for adults but you can eat at select restaurants in the park all day as many times as you want. Only problem is, everyone and their grandmother seems to want to go the same time as you.
I enjoyed myself for the most part. I had never been to FL so it was a new experience and another state to cross off the map. I had also never been on a roller coaster so that was scary but alot of fun. The worst was the long lines for the rides and plus it was July!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

Quote My younger sisters did not have nearly as much fun at Disney World as they did at Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure. Maybe because we went to the Magic Kingdom and not Epcot. And yes, it is cheaper.

We had a 7 day package deal to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Wet & Wild. We also bought a 1 day pass to Disney World.

DO not deal with E Tour and Travel it is FAR too expensive and their customer reps are plain RUDE.

Check TicketMomma for deals.

We stayed at Extended Stay Deluxe in Lake Buena Vista which is down the steet from Disney. It was ok, we didn't have internet access as I thought we would. Also, the laundry machines require money as well as the game room. There is a pool out pack with a jacuzzi. Oh and a free continental breakfast every morning. It's surrounded by lots of restaurants.

The above is from a previous thread....not sure if it's the info you're looking for but if not just disregard. But to add....
I think it cost about $7,000 total ( I don't even know if that counted the food) <-----I didn't pay, so I don't know.
In the park, we spend $14 on water for the 6 of us one day.(I'd avoid buying anything really in the park). When we went to Disney, I think we spent about the same amount ($10-14) for Mickey Mouse ice cream. One thing I thought was kind of convienent were the all you can eat meal bands. I forget how much it cost for adults but you can eat at select restaurants in the park all day as many times as you want. Only problem is, everyone and their grandmother seems to want to go the same time as you.
I enjoyed myself for the most part. I had never been to FL so it was a new experience and another state to cross off the map. I had also never been on a roller coaster so that was scary but alot of fun. The worst was the long lines for the rides and plus it was July!

I pretty much bookmarked the extended delux hotel. Great rate and really good reviews. Plus its right across the street from Universal. The s.o is really the one that would like to stay at one of the Resorts. But yeah I think ima end up at the hotel you mentioned.

lol, if yall spent 7k, you should have just spent a lil extra on the fast passes. I refuse to go to Universal without a fast pass. ESPECIALLY when the Harry Potter attraction opens in June. I already know the park is going to be jam-packed with 3 hour waits.

Thanks for everyone that has responded so far.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Apr 04 2010 at 8:30pm
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 9:30pm
I went this past summer with my family. Can't remember the name of the hotel but I think it was a spa and resort hotel on Lake Buena Vista. So in the Disney World resort area. Your hotel should provide access to buses and such to the parks, but they run on schedules. If you don't want to stick to a schedule, just rent a car. It's easier and sometimes the hotels charge for shuttle rides.

I had a lot of fun, make sure you bring tons of money. The rides and special events aren't worth it without speed passes. And you'll always get hungry and thirsty in the heat lol. Luckily, even in my 20s my parents were the ones paying for everything because I definitely could not afford to lol. Definitely expensive, but fun. I've been 3 or 4 times and I don't think I ever need to go again...lol

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic