Anyone been to Vietnam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone been to Vietnam?
    Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 4:58am
I am going to spend a few days in Hanoi in Feb..just wanted to know if anyone's been and your thoughts.
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 12:05pm
Never been but enjoy yourself and take plenty of pictures!
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 6:17am
To be honest, I HATED Vietnam.  I was in Ho Chi Minh City.  People tried to rip me off left and right, and I was a bit tired of it.  Hanoi, I hear, is much nicer, though.  If I were you, I would go to Cambodia.  Siem Reip is awesome.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 12:40am
Yes, I was thinking about traveling to Cambodia on my way from Vietnam to Thailand as a stopover, but that was when I was thinking about bus/training it there (decided to just fly since I will have enough of an adventure from Hong Kong to Hanoi via train and bus hahaa) ...I def want to visit Cambodia one day and will keep Siem Reip in mind! Yes, I have heard about the people trying to rip you off. I sure hope Hanoi is better because I heard it is a nice place.

Thanks!

And thank you NarsAddict! I plan to enjoy myself!:)
pinkextra View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkextra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:33pm

Enjoy yourself and please report back when you return!

I wanted to visit Laos and Vietnam, but did not have enough time so my trip included:

Seoul (stop over from the USA)
Cambodia
Thailand
Singapore

This was in Jan/Feb 2011!

As Tokyo stated, Cambodia was great.  Such an interesting place. I preferred Cambodia over the other countries during my Asian tour. Although Thailand was much more developed in terms of tourist infrastructure.  

People will try to nickle and dime you throughout the region. It was particularly obvious while traveling Cambodia.  They are trying to make an extra buck.  Times aren't easy so can you blame them for getting their hustle on?

Enjoy! 
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 1:56pm
what part of China are you in, khivey? my sister is in China for the next 3 months.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 8:49am
I'm in Gansu Province..the middle of nowhere. What part is your sister in?
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 11:29am
she's in foshan, guangdong
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:58pm
Ok she is in the south of China near Guangzhou and Hong Kong. Cool! 
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 6:16am
why are you going to vietnam?

lol just wondering
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon