Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone been to or familiar with Jamaica/Bahamas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAnyone been to or familiar with Jamaica/Bahamas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
whittywhit0678 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone been to or familiar with Jamaica/Bahamas
    Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 7:34am
Hi! I am planning a trip very soon (like the end of next month) and I am considering either Jamaica or the Bahamas...Anyone ever been to or familiar with either? Please share some of the good places to stay, things to do, food to eat...etc etc...Also share the BAD as well so I can know what to avoid : ) Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links

warilife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 7:39am

Been to the Bahamas with my sister and a few friends. we absolutely loved it. had sooooo much fun didnt wanna leave.

The only thing i didnt like about the bahamas was that the things were very expensive, especially the food! YES the food is absolutely expensive especially in the hotels.

My suggestion if you do go to Bahamas, as questions the locals are extremely friendly and would give you ideas to the best local joints. I got food from this place called fish Fry and OMG. best food i ever had, bit cheaper than the hotels. If you are a club or party person Bahamas is not known for the best clubs, just ok.

whittywhit0678 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 7:43am
Originally posted by warilife warilife wrote:

Been to the Bahamas with my sister and a few friends. we absolutely loved it. had sooooo much fun didnt wanna leave.

The only thing i didnt like about the bahamas was that the things were very expensive, especially the food! YES the food is absolutely expensive especially in the hotels.

My suggestion if you do go to Bahamas, as questions the locals are extremely friendly and would give you ideas to the best local joints. I got food from this place called fish Fry and OMG. best food i ever had, bit cheaper than the hotels. If you are a club or party person Bahamas is not known for the best clubs, just ok.

I was thinking of going the All Inclusive route...But im not sure...What kind of activities did you ladies do?
assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 7:53am
I just came back from Jamaica in April for my bday. That was my second time there. The first time, I stayed with fam friends who are from there. This most recent time, I stayed at an all inclusive resort. It was the hotel RIU. Everything is pretty much on the resort - food, entertainment/clubs, the beach, pools, fine men lol. I had a beautiful time there. I went on an excursion one day, went snorkeling...it was pretty nice.

If you go to Jamaica you def need to hit up Margaritaville. Its a three floor bar/lounge during the day. At the night time it turns in a re e/bashment club.  Floors 1-2 are straight partying. If you go to the roof/third floor, you not only have a view overlooking the ocean but there's a live re e band. The best part is when u walk into the club, they pour shots straight from the bottle in your mouth...good times. lol
assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 7:54am
I meant it turns into a re e/bashment club lol

I also forgot to add I've never been to the Bahama's
melly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by assiyrabomb assiyrabomb wrote:

I just came back from Jamaica in April for my bday. That was my second time there. The first time, I stayed with fam friends who are from there. This most recent time, I stayed at an all inclusive resort. It was the hotel RIU. Everything is pretty much on the resort - food, entertainment/clubs, the beach, pools, fine men lol. I had a beautiful time there. I went on an excursion one day, went snorkeling...it was pretty nice.

If you go to Jamaica you def need to hit up Margaritaville. Its a three floor bar/lounge during the day. At the night time it turns in a re e/bashment club.  Floors 1-2 are straight partying. If you go to the roof/third floor, you not only have a view overlooking the ocean but there's a live re e band. The best part is when u walk into the club, they pour shots straight from the bottle in your mouth...good times. lol

you went to the riu ocho rios? i want to go there
melly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 8:40pm
i went to jamaica 2 months ago i went to negril. jamaica is such a beautiful country very lush and green with nice beaches and waterfalls and hills/ forests. i love the weather, food, beach is so beautiful and the nightlife is off the chain( if u go to negril u should def go to the jungle night club). people are very friendly there but i would be wary of the men down there though, they are sexy and gorgeous but be very careful who u pair up with because some men can come across as very persistant/ aggressive and might try to tell you things u wanna hear because most of them dont have good intentions some are only looking to get a green card/ visa or for a sugar mommy. they see the tourist as a meal ticket/ atm machine they believe that americans and canadians are millionaires and there are a lot of hustlers,people trying to get u to buy things. jamaica is a very poor country so u have to use common sense and street smarts or else people can take advantage of you.
dont carry tons of cash with you bring a mix of cash/travelers checks and dont tell anyone that its your first time in jamaica and dont give anyone ur personal information such as your phone number. i did a lot of excursions while i was there ( dunns river falls, y.s falls, black river safari, ricks cafe ) if ur looking to party u should definately go to negril, negril has a lot of nice hotels and restaurants at different price ranges depending on ur budget / . i've never been to the bahamas but jamaica   i think you will like it, i did and ill be back very soon

btw; you should try the jerk chicken/ pork , rice and peas curry goat patties,

Edited by melly - Aug 26 2011 at 8:00am
melly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 8:54pm
i would like to travel to the bahamas too one day

Edited by melly - Aug 25 2011 at 8:58pm
Bijoux View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 6:34pm
Went to Jamaica-- about 4 years ago...Stayed in Montego Bay traveled to Negril and spent two days there.--overall I loved the water, and the climate but the beaches in Montego Bay were not free unless you stayed on the resort with that beachfront.  So We drove down to the Wyndham which had one of the bigger and better beaches on that stretch.  If I were to go back I'd probably stay in Ocho Rios. Negril was too touristy(just hotels on the beach), Montego Bay was much more conjested (city life-considering) and from what I was told Ocho Rios is laid back, and beautiful with waterfall hikes and such.
Bijoux View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 6:35pm
Also Avoid bootleg cd's--we were sold blank cd's by the bell hop at our hotel!!!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic