Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Anybody on here personally know any actors?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:05pm
Your best bet is to get a real job
Sponsored Links

MinnyMiss16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnyMiss16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:21pm
Uhm, I know Akosua Busia, the lady who played Nettie in the original "The Color Purple". She would still act if she wanted to , but she told me that theres more money in screenplays. She really got it out of luck. She did that role when she was 19 and auditioned, things were really different back then. I want to ask her to help me out, but I just dont know how.
bk2la981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bk2la981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:40am
Yes, I know a few. Being an extra is NOT the way to go. Having a sag card means crap these days. One of my famous actress friend had her sag card but then renounced it for a while because she wanted to do something that was being directed by a well known black director that was non union. She had to pay to renounce it and even faced losing it all together but she wanted the role more. It wasn't a movie but she made AWESOME connects in it which led her to where she is now. Sag also backfires because you can audition for sag roles then have a crappy resume because you got your sag card from being an extra which casting directors don't respect and take as a joke. Sag and extra work is good for one thing and that is making money. I made 1200 in 3 days as an extra once. Only 1% get moved up to speaking roles as an extra. My male friend, hmm idk how he got to where he is. I know they both did workshops. That's where my female friend got her agent, probably him too. But it helps that they are both ridiculously good looking. Both best looking people of 2012 types. They are both smart, college educated outgoing personalities.
bk2la981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bk2la981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:47am
Ugh,.wrote a lot but something happened. I'm not putting sag down at all, it's great, it's mandatory eventually, just don't be in a rush to get it unless the rate is going up again.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic