Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - anybody ever dealt with jealousy from a bestfriend
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anybody ever dealt with jealousy from a bestfriend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:32am
yeah...I was more outgoing and social than some chicks I used to hang out with. That got me noticed more and advance my life more. I would always tell them things that were beneficial to them to help them out, but I found that they wouldn't do the same for me. About four instances they knew things w/o telling me. I'll be like, 'why yall didn't tell me". They'll say, "Oh I thought you knew"..So I said it's time to dropped them hoes.. I did, the one I was closest to call me weeks later when I was at work. I said I'll call her back...I haven't call back yet and it's been years. :)

Edited by KottonKandy - Sep 25 2013 at 10:33am
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:37am
And this is probably not the first time you've seen him throw shade.  People like that are always mad about something but when its your friend and they are NOT talking about you, you tend to overlook it.  If you give him a pass he will pretend he's not tripping, but he's tripping. 
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:52am

oh yeah.  this person sounds like he has always (will always) been sippin on hateraid...lol

i've never really dealt with this personally...but i know people who have...

i have had to deal with friends being a little depressed and i know its really a result of feelings like this (but they would never open their mouths to throw shade/salt out loud).  in those cases, i would just step in and try and help trouble shoot solutions to get them on top of their game.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:54am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

And this is probably not the first time you've seen him throw shade.  People like that are always mad about something but when its your friend and they are NOT talking about you, you tend to overlook it.  If you give him a pass he will pretend he's not tripping, but he's tripping. 

yep yep!
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:56am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

TRUTH.COM

I noticed this over the summer when I almost came to blows with my ex-friend. She's a miserable bish that burns bridges with everyone. I overlooked it cause she was my girl, but when she started in on me I felt stupid cause she had a history of being shady and I should've know my time would come. I feel sorry for the group of friends I left due to the drama with her b/c she thrives on fcking up relationships with friends. It's only a matter of time with them.

I should've made a thread about that drama. I have never been so mad in my life when that ish went down. I'm steeellll waiting for ol girl to see me out in public and breathe wrong so I can have an excuse to tap-dance on that azzz, and I vowed to never fight again after middle schoolLOL
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:07am
Your friend could be feeling down about not achieving what you haveand seeing the long road ahead of him to get where you are is depressing for him. Jealousy doesn't mean he's not a good friend just means he's jealous for right now.

Talk to him ask him what's going on, if he's upfront with you, encourage him buy him a icecream cone and tell him cut that sh*t out. Talk face to face!
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Your friend could be feeling down about not achieving what you haveand seeing the long road ahead of him to get where you are is depressing for him. Jealousy doesn't mean he's not a good friend just means he's jealous for right now.

Talk to him ask him what's going on, if he's upfront with you, encourage him buy him a icecream cone and tell him cut that sh*t out. Talk face to face!
I agree Herman..

Sometimes people can't see what they are doing..and just need a gentle reminder
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 1:12pm
Time for a man to man talk James . GL
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

for example, your bestfriend isn't happy with their current place in life. they don't have a job and are going back to school and surviving on loans.

meanwhile you just upgraded to a nice crib, just bought a luxury vehicle and are pretty modest about it all. when you tell your friend about the car their response isn't congratulations but its "you know that was my dream car, right?" in regards to your recent success, they instead make a subliminal post on social networks about how people(you) forgot where they came from and.

thats just a brief summary tbh.

dayum y does that sound like an episode from Girlfriend's..the car part...
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 1:57pm
not jealousy so much as competition.
Examples:

Her friend got a Lexus, so her mom (while still driving a broke down camry) turned in the girl's new honda civic for an Acura. Now one's parents are basically rich, the other's mom works 2 retail jobs and a side hustle. Why try to keep up with the Jones?

she even compared the price of my car to her (then) car saying hers cost more. Not only should that never have come up, but I knew for a fact (as I was there when both cars were purchased) that mine cost more.

I purchased my first (first with own money) LV. Before she "didn't like LV." a few months later she had the same purse in a different color.

My screen name used to have to do with Burberrry. I was the only one in our high school wearing a burberry belt or carrying burberry bags. Then she got one.

I felt it was pettiness and didn't understand where it came from as we both had and enjoyed nice things. There was no reason to do anything but congratulate each other and feel like fabulous Cool bishes who stunted on other o's. lol

Eventually, I let her know that it was her pettiness and selfishness (another topic) was why I was ending our friendship. 

recently we rekindled

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Sep 25 2013 at 2:00pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures