Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > My Experiences
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any Seventh Day Adventist On Here??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

Topic ClosedAny Seventh Day Adventist On Here??

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
bigheddz View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 08 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 1308
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2011 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

I have family that are SDA. I always KNEW that Sunday was not the Sabbath but I still attended churches that recognized it on Sunday..


not even trying to be rude but the Sabbath cannot be recognised on a sunday because it has never been on sunday. I’m curious, why would you continue doing something that you say you know isn’t correct?


 

attending church on any day does not go against honoring the sabbath, as long as you honor sunset on friday to sunset on saturday as the day of rest.

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
daydai View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 11 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 781
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2011 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

I have family that are SDA. I always KNEW that Sunday was not the Sabbath but I still attended churches that recognized it on Sunday..


not even trying to be rude but the Sabbath cannot be recognised on a sunday because it has never been on sunday. I’m curious, why would you continue doing something that you say you know isn’t correct?


It can and is recognized on Sunday by many churches. You are correct it has never been on Sunday though that was a change made by man not any comandment of God. I believe they changed alot of aspects of Christianity to different pagan practices and corrupted the church.
Why did I keep going on Sunday? Because my grandmother took me to church on Sunday.
 ... I havent been in awhile to the fact that I am tryin to find the right church to go to. My last church I walked out becuase they had the nerve to pass ther collection plate 4 times AND ask if about 50 people could give 100 and that was it for me... and this was all the time! that church was corrupt IMO.
Back to Top
ICEgirl View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2004
Location: here
Status: Offline
Points: 66
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2011 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by bigheddz bigheddz wrote:

Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

I have family that are SDA. I always KNEW that Sunday was not the Sabbath but I still attended churches that recognized it on Sunday..


not even trying to be rude but the Sabbath cannot be recognised on a sunday because it has never been on sunday. I’m curious, why would you continue doing something that you say you know isn’t correct?


 

attending church on any day does not go against honoring the sabbath, as long as you honor sunset on friday to sunset on saturday as the day of rest.



I didnt say that it did.... she clearly said she KNOWS sunday is not the sabbath, but she still attends church that recognise it on sunday... how can a church recognise the sabbath on sunday when it has never been sunday tis all i asked?

 



Back to Top
ICEgirl View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2004
Location: here
Status: Offline
Points: 66
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2011 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

I have family that are SDA. I always KNEW that Sunday was not the Sabbath but I still attended churches that recognized it on Sunday..


not even trying to be rude but the Sabbath cannot be recognised on a sunday because it has never been on sunday. I’m curious, why would you continue doing something that you say you know isn’t correct?


It can and is recognized on Sunday by many churches. You are correct it has never been on Sunday though that was a change made by man not any comandment of God. I believe they changed alot of aspects of Christianity to different pagan practices and corrupted the church.
Why did I keep going on Sunday? Because my grandmother took me to church on Sunday.
 ... I havent been in awhile to the fact that I am tryin to find the right church to go to. My last church I walked out becuase they had the nerve to pass ther collection plate 4 times AND ask if about 50 people could give 100 and that was it for me... and this was all the time! that church was corrupt IMO.


How so? the church has no authority to change God's word, so i'll say again (and not even trying to be rude in any way I’m just making a statement based on the bible) the sabbath cannot be honoured/recognised on Sunday because God asked for the 7th day aka Saturday to be the sabbath



I hear you on the plate thing.... i hear they have chip and pin machines in some churches now "just in case you dont have cash" Ermm


Back to Top
ICEgirl View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2004
Location: here
Status: Offline
Points: 66
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2011 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:



Why did I keep going on Sunday? Because my grandmother took me to church on Sunday.
 ... I havent been in awhile to the fact that I am tryin to find the right church to go to. My last church I walked out becuase they had the nerve to pass ther collection plate 4 times AND ask if about 50 people could give 100 and that was it for me... and this was all the time! that church was corrupt IMO.


with you on this one here.... its quite hard... i havent found one yet. was your grandmother upset that you stoppped going to church with her?
Back to Top
bigheddz View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 08 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 1308
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2011 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

Originally posted by bigheddz bigheddz wrote:

Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

I have family that are SDA. I always KNEW that Sunday was not the Sabbath but I still attended churches that recognized it on Sunday..


not even trying to be rude but the Sabbath cannot be recognised on a sunday because it has never been on sunday. I’m curious, why would you continue doing something that you say you know isn’t correct?


 

attending church on any day does not go against honoring the sabbath, as long as you honor sunset on friday to sunset on saturday as the day of rest.



I didnt say that it did.... she clearly said she KNOWS sunday is not the sabbath, but she still attends church that recognise it on sunday... how can a church recognise the sabbath on sunday when it has never been sunday tis all i asked?

 
 
 
right there when you say people recognizing the sabbath on a sunday, i was under the impression when people mentioned the sabbath it was in regards to what day they attend church not which day was sanctioned for rest.  The Sabbath has become synonymous with the Lord's Day in name. so i will have to ask what do churches mean by saying they recognize the Sabbath on a Sunday in general: do they mean calling the Lord's Day( the ressurrection of Jesus Christ) simply the "sabbath"? or do they honestly think the fourth commandment is talking about a Sunday? 
 
by the way do you rest on the sabbath or attend church on the sabbath?
Back to Top
daydai View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 11 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 781
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2011 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

I have family that are SDA. I always KNEW that Sunday was not the Sabbath but I still attended churches that recognized it on Sunday..


not even trying to be rude but the Sabbath cannot be recognised on a sunday because it has never been on sunday. I’m curious, why would you continue doing something that you say you know isn’t correct?


It can and is recognized on Sunday by many churches. You are correct it has never been on Sunday though that was a change made by man not any comandment of God. I believe they changed alot of aspects of Christianity to different pagan practices and corrupted the church.
Why did I keep going on Sunday? Because my grandmother took me to church on Sunday.
 ... I havent been in awhile to the fact that I am tryin to find the right church to go to. My last church I walked out becuase they had the nerve to pass ther collection plate 4 times AND ask if about 50 people could give 100 and that was it for me... and this was all the time! that church was corrupt IMO.


How so? the church has no authority to change God's word, so i'll say again (and not even trying to be rude in any way I’m just making a statement based on the bible) the sabbath cannot be honoured/recognised on Sunday because God asked for the 7th day aka Saturday to be the sabbath



I hear you on the plate thing.... i hear they have chip and pin machines in some churches now "just in case you dont have cash" Ermm


I get what your saying. We both know it cant really be recognized on Sunday BUT many churches DO recognize it on Sunday and lots of Christians dont even know that Saturday is the Sabbath or even know what a SDA is.
 
She wasnt too upset I had to stop because I moved out of state.
Back to Top
ICEgirl View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2004
Location: here
Status: Offline
Points: 66
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2011 at 10:02am
Originally posted by bigheddz bigheddz wrote:

Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

Originally posted by bigheddz bigheddz wrote:

Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

I have family that are SDA. I always KNEW that Sunday was not the Sabbath but I still attended churches that recognized it on Sunday..


not even trying to be rude but the Sabbath cannot be recognised on a sunday because it has never been on sunday. I’m curious, why would you continue doing something that you say you know isn’t correct?


 

attending church on any day does not go against honoring the sabbath, as long as you honor sunset on friday to sunset on saturday as the day of rest.



I didnt say that it did.... she clearly said she KNOWS sunday is not the sabbath, but she still attends church that recognise it on sunday... how can a church recognise the sabbath on sunday when it has never been sunday tis all i asked?

 
 
 
right there when you say people recognizing the sabbath on a sunday, i was under the impression when people mentioned the sabbath it was in regards to what day they attend church not which day was sanctioned for rest.  The Sabbath has become synonymous with the Lord's Day in name. so i will have to ask what do churches mean by saying they recognize the Sabbath on a Sunday in general: do they mean calling the Lord's Day( the ressurrection of Jesus Christ) simply the "sabbath"? or do they honestly think the fourth commandment is talking about a Sunday? 
 
by the way do you rest on the sabbath or attend church on the sabbath?


Catholics for a FACT say that sunday is the sabbath, and they recognise the sabbath on sunday. There is a reason why the main day of worship, out of the whooole week for the majority of christians is Sunday.

folks know about the sabbath and what it entails... this is why people say "there is no law" because they find it an inconvienience to not cook, clean, shop etc on saturdays. Among the other excuses not to keep it are "oh thats for the jews" or "jesus said he was lord of the sabbath" yeah, and how does that mean that we are not still to keep it??? or my favourite, jesus rose on sunday and that became the new sabbath (out of a pastors mouth)

They have no problem telling people that they are wrong and going to hell (Ermm) for not keeping commandments 1-3, and 5 - 10... but #4, gets a pass.

Regarding your quesion, i believe the command is to have a holy gathering on that day, so yes i guess after you have attended your service you go home and have a day of rest, you dont work and you dont do things in order for others to be working.... Any SDAs care to chime in?

what is "the lords day" and where did it come from.


Back to Top
ashpass View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 15 2011
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 407
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2011 at 11:20am
How do you know that when God created the world the week was Sunday through Saturday? It could have been uthkdfm thru trgmop and no one would know. Or if no one ever screwed up the calender? The sabbath could really be on Wednesday for all we know. These types of conversations kill the faith of people trying to build relationships with God. Reserve your sabbath.
Back to Top
butterfly3582 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 10 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3411
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2011 at 11:40am
I was born a seventh day adventist.  But no longer practice.  I consider myself non denomination (spelling?) now...although my church is a baptist church.
 
Growing up I found the rules strict and without purpose. As I got older and start to have my own relationship with God I honestly didnt think all that was necessary.  I also think they focus to much on the rules (like no jewlery, going to church on Saturday, etc.) on a way to be saved than actually God and love.  It made it a chore and not something i wanted to do.  This is just my experience with the SDA church in the area I grew up in. 
 
Also I have many friends in the SDA church that are doing great.  I just decided it wasnt the best path for me.  I dont think there is a cookie cutter religion or way for people to be saved.  Yes there are basic rules we follow but everyone journey is tailored for them. 
Back to Top
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down