It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
dcnative View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any places in or near Irvington, NJ
    Posted: Oct 05 2005 at 4:48pm

Hi,

I'm trying to find a good and discrete hairdresser in or near Irvington, NJ (also near Newark) that is up on the latest techniques. When I say discrete, I mean a person that does hair in a shop or at home where I can have some kind of privacy. I'm very sensitive about the my hair issues. I've been looking through the thread and so far haven't seen anything. Any suggestions.

Also,

I'm a newbie and I'm really enjoying the positivity on this board!!

Sponsored Links

Simple_Things View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2005 at 5:09pm
Hi! I'm new too. I live in Hillside(right by Newark) and am also in the process of trying to find a hairstylist. I too am sensitive and very private when it comes to my hair and don't need the "whole shop" in my buisness. Anybody out there know of a place? Help a sista out!
Phenomenal Joy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2005 at 5:28pm
Welcome ladies & I hope you have some luck in finding someone!  Also, if it is a salon, maybe you can tell them you want a Monday or very early appt to keep folx out of your business as much as possible. 
Simple_Things View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2005 at 6:45pm
Thanks Phenomenal Joy! I just might do that. I'm high school senior and there's no school this upcoming Monday.I'll think I'll be spending my day at the hair salon.I just recently started getting weaves(i've only had one so far) and going to the beauty salon altogether. I know I know.lol. A month or so ago I got my very first weave and beauty salon visit with another stylist in NJ. Let's just say he won't be seeing me again. Now I'm sitting here wondering if I went to another salon, would they remove my old weave for me. I really don't want to go back to the salon I originally had it done at to get it removed. Has anyone been to Shannon and Nesbeth Hair Studio in Orange?
ynvkye View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2005 at 9:10pm

Hey my name is Kye. I live in Jersey City and my dad lives in Ivington. I know exactly how you feel and I'm the same way. We have a few places (or people) over here that operates like that. But I'll work on seeing if I know someone who know's someone who know's someone  that does it over there.

Email me and let me know what's ur favorite type of styling (ie: weaves, ponytails, twists etc).

kyeheartbreakchic@aol.com)

dcnative View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2005 at 9:27am

Thanks Phenomenal Joy and Kye.

I've only had 2 weaves, the first time I went to a salon and it wasn't good. The second I had sewn in by my hair braider and it was better (and much cheaper by the way) but she doesn't style so the rest was up to me, which was ok, but no real style. My hair is natural and I've been wearing braids for a while, and will probably go between the two. But I'm looking for a full head weave that I'll probably roller set to make it look less straight (permed). I like a toned down version of Kelis' hair. So any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

mahogany814 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2005 at 10:24am

Welcome ladies!

I know a place in Irvington Center (next door to the Post Office) called ProBraids.  I get my hair done there when my money is funny.  She charges $80 for sew in weave.  She also does another technique that I call "skip track" (looks more natural and lays flatter.  She in NOT a cutter/stylist.  She can shape the hair and trim so it looks natural but do not expect much (it is a braiding salon) Not your typical one though, this is clean and they shampoo hair!  Ask for Melanie. - Good Luck

ynvkye View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2005 at 11:55am
Originally posted by mahogany814 mahogany814 wrote:

Welcome ladies!

I know a place in Irvington Center (next door to the Post Office) called ProBraids.  I get my hair done there when my money is funny.  She charges $80 for sew in weave.  She also does another technique that I call "skip track" (looks more natural and lays flatter.  She in NOT a cutter/stylist.  She can shape the hair and trim so it looks natural but do not expect much (it is a braiding salon) Not your typical one though, this is clean and they shampoo hair!  Ask for Melanie. - Good Luck

I go to a braiding salon right by my house in JC that does weaves for $75. It's only certain days of the week but the environment is very comfortable. Most braid shops that do weaves are. She does it really nice and flat too. They don't wash and style either but all you have to do is flat iron it when it's finished.

A good thing to do right after you get your sew in is go to a dominican shop and get a doobie with the weave. It's additional money but its worth it.

ynvkye View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2005 at 12:09pm

I know exactly where you're talking about Mahogany. Isn't there a DMV over there too? Is Melanie thr only one in the salon who does the sew ins or is she just the best?

Simple,

I think I've heard of Shannon in Orange. There's alot, I mean a whole lot of very good places in Orange. But I think they're all very popular. Hence the environment may not be as cozy. But I know they can rock some weaves in Orange.

This lady from Bayonne who used to do my hair would come to your house. Then she got a lil spot in the back of the BSS. Now she has her own shop. But she is very very good. Her specialty is sew ins, pony tails, and twists. Her name is Shamyra

mahogany814 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2005 at 12:20pm

ynvkey,

Melanie is not the only one but the only one I would let do my hair!  There is a dominican salon in EO that I have been going to since before I was the weave queen to get doobies and relaxers - so I am with you on the doobie thing!

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic