Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Any parents here? Could you...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any parents here? Could you...
    Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 10:43pm
kill your child before she/he kills you?

I'm watching the Dr. Phil that aired earlier today (airs again in a few hrs @ 3:00am EST) and this couple wrote Dr. Phil 800 times pleading for his help Confused

They have a troubled teenager, to say the least. He is violent, pretty much abuses his mother.  She fears that one day he will bust down her door and kill her the next time he goes into a violent rage.

His first incident was at age 6 on a camping trip where he hit a boy on the head with a flashlight

He has other troubling signs like...

Animal abuse (threw a dog)
Self-mutilation
Anti-social behavior (refuses to school work so he's at a 4th grade level)
Steals his mother undergarments and random stuff from other people (who? they don't know) and hides it in his bedroom
Plays with matches
Plays with feces
Threatens to take his life and the life of his parents

He's been to a dozen treatment centers and rehab facilities with no success

What would you do?

Here's a summary and video clips from the show...

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1950

Wednesday - January 9, 2013

http://drphil.com/assets/d/d13a0e312e48a25538461fd63f6069e4.jpg

Teenage Rage

Phyllis and Barry say they're desperate to calm their violent 15-year-old son, Brandon, and turn to Dr. Phil for help. The couple confides that signs of their son's anger began around age 6 and has grown progressively worse -- so much so that their requests for Brandon to perform simple tasks such as brushing his teeth or bathing cause him to go into a rage, breaking things and punching holes in walls, and even chasing Phyllis with scissors. Barry says they walk on eggshells, waiting for Brandon’s next violent outburst and that every day he leaves the house worried that his wife may not make it to the end of the day. For protection, the couple says they’ve even installed locks on various doors throughout their home, providing Phyllis a "safe room" in which to hide. What is at the root of Brandon's anger? Dr. Phil spends some one-on-one time with the young man to determine what’s driving his behavior. And, find out what Phyllis recently found in Brandon’s room that shocked her to her core.

http://drphil.com/assets/3/397a14881100b304372407a668622ea7.jpg

Sponsored Links

iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 10:44pm
Send him to the crazy house and pray for him
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:00pm
Aren't some of the behavioral problems (e.g., harming animals and playing with matches) considered common among serial killers? Confused
I would have him locked up somewhere. He's obviously a danger to his family and self. I would assume that as he grew up, his behavioral problems will worsen and he'll become a danger to the community. Get him the help he needs before it's too late.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:03pm
pull an A.I. on his ass and dump him off in the forest.  he is not okay.  i'd send him away somewhere for sure.  i can have another kid, i can't come back to life!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:03pm
uhm..probably go to Haiti with him and have someone handle that. 
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:08pm
this kinda stuff always makes me remember that movie the good son. ive seen my cousin threaten and beat up on aunt...i would not tolerate it. i wouldnt kill them but i sure would break bones.

what an awful thing to think ofCry...but anyone attacking me of course is going to send me into defense mode...i cant help that. Disapprove
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:09pm
They should have locked him away a long time ago. I can not stand parents like this. The F?!

Take the L, you hit the sh*tty kid lottery, save yourselves and move on!!!!

Christ!
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:09pm
i know most of u would not give up on your child so easily
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:13pm
Im too scary to kill. I'd probably send him off somewhere to get help. I would say contact police/authorities just in case but they aint worth sh*t and probably wouldnt take me seriously
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:14pm

LOCK HIM WHERE!?!  There is no such facility anymore...Please people do your research and you will find your health insurance will not help you...smdh.  Facilities that use to keep you against YOUR WILL don't exist anymore other than prison.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic