Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any new products being used to fade dark spots?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Any new products being used to fade dark spots?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
madame pink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madame pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:47pm
Combination skin. Oily mostly in my Tzone and dry in other ares. I struggle with hyper pigmentation. Maxi peel I have read is great for acne users, however I  do not suffer from that. I started using it for my dark spots. If you get it follow directions to the T and dont over do it. I applied  2x a day in an upward motion. Your skin will get leathery. Once you start peeling stop as you dont want to apply on new skin. Please be sure to use a good sunscreen!
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madame pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:52pm
Since I had to speed up my peeling. Once my skin got leathery I used olive oil for a few days ..then used this about 3x

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/products/Retinol_30_Anti_aging_Sun_Damage_Adult_Acne_Minimize_Pores-340-0.html

Stopping when the peeling starting.

Then just continued on dipping my face in warm sea salt water and then applying olive oil. One spot I did over apply product and burned myself but it was not too bad. I just put honey on it to speed heeling.
tabbikay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tabbikay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:06pm
Hi everyone! New to the forum and decided to chime in. 

I've struggled with dark spots/hyper-pigmentation/acne for at least a decade and I've been through TONS of over-the-counter and prescription medications. 

Everything I've used has worked at least for a short while, but I find that once I stop using the product my face starts to look exactly the way it did before, and when I try to go back to the product it's as if my skin has built up a tolerance and it doesn't work at all.

Recently I started washing my face with baking soda. I saw someone suggest it on a youtube video in the comment section, and let me tell you NOTHING has worked as quickly or effectively as baking soda has. And my skin doesn't "revert back" if I start to get lazy and don't use it as consistently.

You use 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water (you don't need a lot, use teaspoons), it makes like a paste and you wash your face with that. This recipe is even on the arm & hammer website as an exfoliator. Just massage it in for a few minutes and then rinse.

Initially I used it every day because I was so impressed with the results after day 1, my skin felt really soft and looked clearer. Now I try to use it a few times a week, but not everyday (this isn't  gentle exfoliating). 

It's really worth a try because baking soda is like a dollar for a box, cheaper if you're buying store brand (DO NOT BUY GREAT VALUE *walmart brand* feels less potent, Target brand is good though and it's like 50 cents).

I also moisturize with a very small amount of vitamin e oil while my face is still a little damp. HTH :)
prettieyez85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettieyez85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:30pm
Gurl u got me highly interested in buying this stuff! I really wanna try it now!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettieyez85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:34pm
Hey hun! Welcome to BHM! I am newbie as well & trying to correct & clear up almost 15yrs worth of acne & dark spots on my face. How crazy is it dat i jus bought a new box of baking soda last nite! Lol but not for cleansing my face with but as an alternative for a neutralizer to use for LA chemical peels

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madame pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 9:03am
Just read up on first. Do a google search for forums where people have talked about their experience. Read read read. Oh I spot treated for a few days then did the entire face. Good luck in whatever you choose!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettieyez85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 10:12am
Yea i just joined the skin care talk forum site last nite since i found a lot of useful     info up there. Now i am just trying to figure out a good regime to incorporate all the new stuff dat i had already ordered frm MUAC before finding out about Maxi Peel

Edited by prettieyez85 - Jan 29 2013 at 10:13am
tabbikay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabbikay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 11:54am
@prettieyez85, thanks for the welcome! 

Also, the peel madam is suggesting could be a really good option. My mom goes to her dermatologist to get a peel once a year and her skin has always looked amazing with natural radiance. I plan to head into an Aveda salon get one done myself. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettieyez85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 2:42pm
Hey hun! Yw! Thanks for posting! Yes, i think i will try that peel in addition to the LA peels that i have already startedstarted doing...im looking for dramatic results as i have suffered from acne & PIHPIH for so long, aint even funny...soon as i can get the right advice as to how to incorporate it into my current regime, i will try it out, take pics, observe data, & come to report my results. Wish me luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettieyez85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 2:49pm
Madame pink, u used the maxi peel 2x a day? I read that a lot of ppl recommended to only use it once, & dat was at nitetime
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>