Hello ladies. I am new to the community as well, although I must confess that I've been reading the posts for awhile and it's been incredibly helpful on my hair journey.
Right now, I'm SL and I think I am aiming for BSL by the end of 2014 although my real focus is keeping my hair healthy. I'm currently texlaxed but want to transition to all natural; the last time I got a texturizer was August 2013 and God willing that was my last. I got a texturizer because I did not know how to handle my hair while short and got frustrated.
I think I am 3c/4a natural but after the texturizer I don't know anymore
I just got a trim to get rid of all my split ends, and realized that the way my hairstylist has been cutting my hair is the main reason of all my split ends. I got an inch cut in August and just yesterday got one and inch and a half cut again
My main goal is to keep my ends healthy while I get rid of this haircut and texlaxed hair. So here it goes:
This is my long term hair program with things I regularly do to my hair within my regime.
1. Henna every other week
2. Hot oil (own blend) every other week
3.DC every other week
4. Special treatment (cellophane, protein treatments, Cherry Lola treatment, etc) every other week
5. Castor oil/ coconut oil+ Shea butter prepoo every other week
6. Dusting every 6-8 weeks
7. Professional trim every 3-4 months
8. Rosemary rinse once a month
9. Oatmeal rinse every month
10. Clarifying shampoo every month
11. ACV scalp cleaning and rinse once a month
My night routine consists of:
1. Growth treatment applied to scalp (monistad in water, nioxin, etc)
2. Mist ends lightly with water and I apply a leave in conditioner
3. Seal my ends with oil
4. Cover hair with a satin scarf and night night
On Wednesdays I alternate between sulfur oil or Grow oil applied to my scalp; then I lightly damp my hair with water, apply a leave in conditioner and my prepoo oil blend and do the green house method. The next day I cowash. Weekends is when I do the heavy stuff.
I also take a multivitamin, biotin and MSM daily? (Well, I try)
Well ladies there it is. Let me know what you think of my extensive routine and if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them. BTW, I tried to upload a recent picture of my hair but couldn't figure out how. Happy growing and Happy New Year