Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Any new hair challenges for 2014..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
tobey711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobey711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any new hair challenges for 2014..
    Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 6:55am
I'm new to the forum (been lurking for months now.. )
And I just wanted to know if any of you guys are in any challenges for the upcoming new year... I would love to participate in one, or maybe even start one! Any takers?
Sponsored Links

honeybrown2777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybrown2777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 1:59pm
I just did the big chop and would love to join a new hair challenge for 2014 as well.
tobey711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobey711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 7:39pm
Maybe we can start our own and maybe some others will join... The more the merrier
So should I start? Ok
My hair is currently in a PS but I will be redoing in January. I'm texlaxed, but I haven't texlaxed since April so it's been an 8 month stretch. I plan to go all the way to April before texlaxing again.
My regimine:
Braided for 4- 6 weeks at a time
Oil scalp with castor oil mix at least 4X A WEEK
Take vitamins daily (1200 mcg of biotin and Purvana)
Wash 3 weeks after getting braids done
Do the inversion method last week of every month
Spray braids everyday with homemade mix
Spray every other day with protien mix
Moisturizer everyday AFTER any spray but BEFORE oil
Apogee protein treatment 1 week BEFORE texlaxing my hair in April
My short term goal is BSL by July
My long term goal is WL December 2014
My starting pic

honeybrown2777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybrown2777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 1:23am

My hair currently: TWA, after doing the big chop. I plan to grow my hair out naturally.

My regimine:

I am going to try and keep it simple

Take daily vitamins daily (10,000 mcg of biotin, hair- skin-nail-vitamins, and plan to switch to Hairfinity once I complete my current bottles)

Wash every 3 days, deep condition, and leave in condition

Wear protective styles: wigs, weaves, and braids
Moisturize daily with mix Jamaican castor oil, sulfur, Moroccan oil, and olive oil moisturizer
Henna treatments at the end of the month, before and after protective styles
My short term goal is EL by July 
My long term goal is NL December 2014
My starting pic having trouble uploading

Mrs.Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2013 at 4:16pm
I'm down for a challenge. Soon as I get a chance I will upload my regiment and starting picture 
MiZzChRiSsEe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiZzChRiSsEe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 10:51am
Hello ladies. Can I please join this challenge?

My hair is currently shoulder length (a little past collar bone length when stretched.) My first goal is to reach CBL unstretched/APL when stretched. I hope to reach this by December 2014 (I'm not being greedy for length lol.)

I usually keep my hair protected by tree braids, weaves, twists, or box braids. My hair is currently out & natural (until I can afford to get twists.) While my hair is out, I will pree-poo with a light protein conditioner, wash with moisturizing shampoo, and DC with AO Honeysuckle Rose once a week.

I would like to add sulfur/eucalyptus oil, but I'm still trying to figure out how I'd like to do that.
DominicanCurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 11:50am
Hello ladies. I am new to the community as well, although I must confess that I've been reading the posts for awhile and it's been incredibly helpful on my hair journey.

Right now, I'm SL and I think I am aiming for BSL by the end of 2014 although my real focus is keeping my hair healthy. I'm currently texlaxed but want to transition to all natural; the last time I got a texturizer was August 2013 and God willing that was my last. I got a texturizer because I did not know how to handle my hair while short and got frustrated.

I think I am 3c/4a natural but after the texturizer I don't know anymore   

I just got a trim to get rid of all my split ends, and realized that the way my hairstylist has been cutting my hair is the main reason of all my split ends. I got an inch cut in August and just yesterday got one and inch and a half cut again

My main goal is to keep my ends healthy while I get rid of this haircut and texlaxed hair. So here it goes:

This is my long term hair program with things I regularly do to my hair within my regime.

1. Henna every other week
2. Hot oil (own blend) every other week
3.DC every other week
4. Special treatment (cellophane, protein treatments, Cherry Lola treatment, etc) every other week
5. Castor oil/ coconut oil+ Shea butter prepoo every other week
6. Dusting every 6-8 weeks
7. Professional trim every 3-4 months
8. Rosemary rinse once a month
9. Oatmeal rinse every month
10. Clarifying shampoo every month
11. ACV scalp cleaning and rinse once a month

My night routine consists of:

1. Growth treatment applied to scalp (monistad in water, nioxin, etc)
2. Mist ends lightly with water and I apply a leave in conditioner
3. Seal my ends with oil
4. Cover hair with a satin scarf and night night

On Wednesdays I alternate between sulfur oil or Grow oil applied to my scalp; then I lightly damp my hair with water, apply a leave in conditioner and my prepoo oil blend and do the green house method. The next day I cowash. Weekends is when I do the heavy stuff.

I also take a multivitamin, biotin and MSM daily? (Well, I try)

Well ladies there it is. Let me know what you think of my extensive routine and if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them. BTW, I tried to upload a recent picture of my hair but couldn't figure out how. Happy growing and Happy New Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiZzChRiSsEe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by DominicanCurls DominicanCurls wrote:

Hello ladies. I am new to the community as well, although I must confess that I've been reading the posts for awhile and it's been incredibly helpful on my hair journey.

Right now, I'm SL and I think I am aiming for BSL by the end of 2014 although my real focus is keeping my hair healthy. I'm currently texlaxed but want to transition to all natural; the last time I got a texturizer was August 2013 and God willing that was my last. I got a texturizer because I did not know how to handle my hair while short and got frustrated.

I just got a trim to get rid of all my split ends, and realized that the way my hairstylist has been cutting my hair is the main reason of all my split ends. I got an inch cut in August and just yesterday got one and inch and a half cut again

My main goal is to keep my ends healthy while I get rid of this haircut and texlaxed hair. So here it goes:

This is my long term hair program with things I regularly do to my hair within my regime.

3.DC every other week
4. Special treatment (cellophane, protein treatments, Cherry Lola treatment, etc) every other week

3. Seal my ends with oil

On Wednesdays I alternate between sulfur oil or Grow oil applied to my scalp; then I lightly damp my hair with water, apply a leave in conditioner and my prepoo oil blend and do the green house method. The next day I cowash. Weekends is when I do the heavy stuff.

Well ladies there it is. Let me know what you think of my extensive routine and if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them. BTW, I tried to upload a recent picture of my hair but couldn't figure out how. Happy growing and Happy New Year

I love to grow from SL to BSL in one year! I have a question about your routine. On Wednesdays, do you apply sulfur/growth oil, water, then condish & pre-poo, and baggy overnight? The reason I'm asking is because I want to start using my sulfur mix again, but don't know if I can use it in my pre-poo. I would apply it to all my hair, not just my scalp. I would be interested in adding sulfur and eucalyptus oil to my pre-poo condish and leaving it in for about 1 hour before washing. Do you think that's a good or bad idea?
DominicanCurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by MiZzChRiSsEe MiZzChRiSsEe wrote:

Originally posted by DominicanCurls DominicanCurls wrote:

3.DC every other week

3. Seal my ends with oil

I love to grow from SL to BSL in one year! I have a question about your routine. On Wednesdays, do you apply sulfur/growth oil, water, then condish & pre-poo, and baggy overnight? The reason I'm asking is because I want to start using my sulfur mix again, but don't know if I can use it in my pre-poo. I would apply it to all my hair, not just my scalp. I would be interested in adding sulfur and eucalyptus oil to my pre-poo condish and leaving it in for about 1 hour before washing. Do you think that's a good or bad idea?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe the SL to BSL is wishful thinking Wink

I made a mistake. I do this routine on Tuesday nights and I leave it overnight. I only use the sulfur oil on my scalp for two reasons: first it is a growth aid so I figure it should only be applied to the scalp, the second reason is that I read that sulfur oil is very drying to the hair and can possibly lead to hair damage.

I am not an expert by any means but I wouldn't apply sulfur oil to the entire length of my hair, that's just me though. If you do, can you please let me know how it worked for you? Good luck and keep me posted please!

BTW My prepoo oil mix has eucalyptus essential oil in it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiZzChRiSsEe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 2:10pm
Okay, thanks. I was just thinking that there are some shampoos with sulfur in them (like Sulfur 8,) so i should be able to add sulfur to my own shampoo without detrimental effects? Maybe someone else could chime in...?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic