Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Any naturals braiding it up for the summer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rachel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 11:35pm
Hello,

If you get the micros there are some things that you need to beware of:

Make sure that your hair is READY for braids! What I mean is that you need to get your hair deep conditioned and treated with maybe hot oil. Get a good trim also. BRAIDING IS VERY STRESSFUL TO HAIR.
They are braided very tight, especially if you go to the African shops. This can lead to breakage at the roots!!

Secondly you need to keep your hair moisturized with some braid moisturizing products. My hair was very dry and brittle after so it took me awhile to restore moisture.

Be careful of who takes them out because they cause breakage. 

Don't let the braids stay in more than 3 mos. Let your hair rest.

I sure hope this helps, good luck.

Rachel !!!
Sponsored Links

Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 10:31am
Threw some yarn braids in last weekend...everyone loves them.
They're so lightweight and soft!! I LOVE them

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 11:45am
I wanted to get some twist but don't wanna pay that $150
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 9:09am
Neither did I, so I paid $2.77 for the yarn and did them myself *shrug*

I honestly think it's better to learn how to do your own.  That way, you know you won't braid your edges too tight, and you can also do your edges over once they start getting a little fuzzy.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 4:57pm
Because extensions never really work in my favor, I've opted to keep my natural hair braided up during the summer.

More often than not, I'm rocking 2 - 4 cornrows, making sure to keep my ends protected. I'll also wear braid outs (when it's not too humid) and on the days when I'm tired of looking at my hair in braids, I'll do a cute twisted style (which also protects my ends).
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 3:51am
I am, but I'm not adding hair. 
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 8:05am
Nope! I'ma be extension free all summer. If I do give in, it will be to yarn braids but I don't think it's gonna happen. I'l finally have the chance to be creative with my hair this summer and I won't let that chance go to waste.
mz.nikki04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mz.nikki04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 2:22pm
I got my hair braided in Updo for now
SooSweet1920 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SooSweet1920 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 5:32pm
I got box braids last week and plan to keep some type of braided style until the end of the year.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 8:14pm
I have my hair in twists right now. Second install.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic