BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Homemade Hair Recipes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Any moisturising DC recipes?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any moisturising DC recipes?
    Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 11:11am
I've been trying to correct a protein overload problem but the problem is, all the DC's in the pharmacy have some kind of protein in them. I want a 100% moisturizing DC. I use tried coconut oil but it made my hair hard. And for some reason DC'ing with olive oil doesn't seem to be helping. My hair still gets hard. I've been DCing with a simple mixture of glycerin, water and castor oil. Do you think this is good enough? My hair feels okay. Not bad but I wouldn't say it does much. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:16pm
Does your hair just not like protein or is it that he majority of your products contain protein so a DC with it is sending you over the edge?

Either way, be sure the climate you live in has enough moisture in the air for the glycerin to be beneficial. If it's super dry out, it won't draw moisture from the air and into your hair. Or a mixture involving pureed banana? Bananas typically only have one gram of protein, as opposed to yogurt which has like 15-20 grams or something per 6 ounces that a lot of ppl dc with. And aloe vera gel/juice. It's very moisturizing.

So banana puree, glycerin, aloe vera gel, and castor oil. See if that maybe does anything for you?
aromatherapy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aromatherapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 4:37am
My hair is so dry and thin, I want to make them heavy and silky. Can you suggest me any tips for that.
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 12:00am
Try the loc method. It will change ur life.
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by aromatherapy aromatherapy wrote:

My hair is so dry and thin, I want to make them heavy and silky. Can you suggest me any tips for that.

thin hair is generally genetic. u can make it its healthiest but u can't transform naturally thin hair (ifits always been that way, if u have damaged it thin thats different) into thick hair. and if your natural hair texture isn't exactly silky, don't expect herbal essences tresses to pop out of no where...

I agree that the LOC method will change your life... but don't have unreal expectations of what your hair can do either. 

Giovanni Leave In Conditioner is an amazing moisturizer however.
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 12:33pm
I'd say try a Grape Seed Oil DC. Coconut Oil usually does the trick for me.
Brilaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brilaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 3:03pm
Coconut oil has protein. Try avocado and banana DC.. only use half the banana tho
Styles by V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styles by V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 1:22am
If your DC is still not working for you, I would try almond oil with a few drops of rosemary eo, I think that would do the trick!
janeelissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janeelissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 4:01am
Never underestimate your power to change yourself!
http://www.buycheapgw2.com/
http://www.okdiablo3.com/
http://www.rswalmart.com/
cajuncutie2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajuncutie2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 11:17am
Bump
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic