Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Curls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any ladies who have had success with a curly perm
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAny ladies who have had success with a curly perm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
wavesmistress View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2012 at 5:38am
Hi Guys! TongueSo...after growing my hair out for a year I finally did a WN yesterday. I like the way it came out. I want 2 darken my hair colour. I think I'll settle for a hair rinse. Does anyone know how soon this can be done & possibly what steps to take. (Someone did indicate to me that after the curly perm is washed, you dont usually get back the curly perm looking exactly as it did before the wash). So after I rinse how do I ensure I get back this look?Confused HELP!!!
Sponsored Links

dISGURLLUBELMO View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 10:15pm
I cannot find any youtube video to show how to do a curly perm, is it best to get one at a salon?
Lauren_T View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2012 at 11:14pm
Hi, im new on this Smile and i was wondering if you had any advice on the WN. i got it on the 23 of june and i went to mexico 6 days after. about 8-9 days after i got it i went swimming. i figured that it would be okay because my beautician said that i could wash it a week after. i went swimming about everday for a week give or take a few days and everything seemed okay. there was shedding but not a whole bunch and i put the moisterizer on it every generously. the only this was when it was dry it seemed to get frizzy. now, its been about a month since then and my hair is really frizzy. there are curls but theres also a lot of frizz its nothing like when i first got it. is that because i swam everyday? i currently use the WN finishing mist and lotion and the WN mouse. it definatly doesnt get my hair to where it was when i first got it. i notice in the forums that  a lot of people talked about their curls loosening but i didnt notice anything about afro like frizz
BarBieGiRL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by dISGURLLUBELMO dISGURLLUBELMO wrote:

I cannot find any youtube video to show how to do a curly perm, is it best to get one at a salon?

Absolutely, don't mess with perms lol, omg trust me babe, you don't wanna eff that up! lol
obsessedwithhai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 3:20pm
I find my grows well with a CP as long as it is not over processed and I keep it moisturised.  I don't like Care Free perms though.
aroondlk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2012 at 5:29am
If you are determined to retexture your hair with a perm, read these tips for getting ... If you've decided that you want to get a perm
Sugar.Bits View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 8:30pm
Where are the tips?
hairlock View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 1:32pm
hi, do you have any recommendation for talking care of curly hair wefts ?
penlop14 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 2:04pm
Ah things were going so well for me with the WN till my latest retouch in August, The perm itself came out well and the hair is longer but then a couple of weeks later I noticed...wait for a it...SHEDDING.
The good news is that it's definitely shedding and not breakage cause the hair is still growing at a decent rate, there aren't any bald patches and the hair's thickness hasn't changed  it's just the shedding aggravates me, whenever I run my fingers through my hair and I come out with bits of hair and I certainly don't look forward to combing it. It seems the longer the curly perm, the more it sheds no? 

I don't know what to do now. I got so sick of dealing with falling hair to a point that I just put braids on so I don't have to deal with it.

Any suggestions?

*Frustrated*
samz-samz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 2:27pm
Hi Penlop14 i heard that taking a garlic supplement, just eating some garlic or using a garlic based shampoo stops shedding! That is the only information i can offer an di hope it helps
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic