Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Any Hula Hoopers? (Hooping Mom on Latifah)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Hula Hoopers? (Hooping Mom on Latifah)
    Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:04pm
I taught myself a few years ago. This mom just started 3 years ago too; so maybe I can learn to do this  LOL

Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:40pm
I've tried it. It's good core exercise.
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:42pm
Well damn mama I can barely hoop. This past weekend at an event, other moms and I were in a hopping contest. My hop flopped to the ground after they shouted start! Her thin self is twirling and dancing LOLCry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:09pm
Y, yeah see that happened to me when I saw Michelle Obama hooping. My conceited self said "if she can do it I know I can." my hoop fell quite a few times before I was able to keep it up. Then I learned how to make it go back up to keep it from falling, Then I got the hang of turning around while hooping--called hub in the room for that event! lol. Couldn't tell me nothing then .. Til I saw this lady of course.  Now I'm back in practice mode.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:19pm
Hooping is so fun. Though I can never get that joke of Sommore's from the queens of comedy out of my head when I do it.

I kind of really want a weighted hoop.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:28pm
maysay, I made some weighted ones. some I put sand in, some water. There's YT videos. I prettied them up too. Purple of course.

I made my bestie one too in her sorority colors. She loves it.

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 17 2014 at 9:29pm
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:31pm
I want to learn! I've also been looking into buying an LED hoop.

The programmable ones are so sexy, omg

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:36pm
anyone who is trying to learn, get a large hula hoop. The bigger the hoop, the easier it is to keep it up. Also the more weight it has makes it easier to keep up and keep it hooping.
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:39pm
Purp what do you make yours out of? I remember reading about people using stuff from the home improvement stores, but can't remember what lol.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:44pm
It's called irrigation tubing. I got a big ole roll of it to make  a bunch of hoops in different sizes (quick). I got soccer tape and colored tapes to pretty them up . also the soccer cloth tape helps to soften up the tubing stuff . You don't need it tho.

My first one was a huge one that I just cut and taped together (duck/t tape). I learned on that big one. Then I worked my way down to the smaller ones.

As bad as I was when I started , I really didn't think I was going to get hang of it, but I wouldn't give up LOL

eta: I made at least 7 hoops and still have a lot of that tubing so it goes far and doesn't cost that much. Maybe hub will need some one day for actual irrigation lol.

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 17 2014 at 9:44pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>