FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Any Green Smoothie Drinkers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 474849

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 12:14am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Always rotate the green leaves that you add to your smoothies. Almost all greens in the world contain minute amounts of alkaloids. Tiny quantities of alkaloids cannot hurt you, and even strengthen the immune system. However, if you keep consuming kale, or spinach, or any other single green for many weeks without rotation, eventually the same type of alkaloids can accumulate in your body and cause unwanted symptoms of poisoning. You may read more of the significance of rotation of greens in the next chapter of this book. Please note that you don�t have to rotate the fruit in your green smoothies. Most commonly used fruit have very little or none of the alkaloids and cannot cause the same toxic reactions as greens. At the same time, rotating fruits will enhance the variety of flavor and nutrition in your smoothies.

damn, i didn't know that. i have been adding only kale and/or watercress to my smoothies. gotta reach for some spinach or another green.
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 12:24am
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

Originally posted by drjo91 drjo91 wrote:

Naturaleza what other greens can we try?Name them please.
This is a list of veggies used by green smoothiers far and wide. Not all I've tried yet.

Spinach
Kale
Chard
Parsley
Celery
Turnip greens
Collard Greens
Mustard Greens
Romaine
Dandelion Greens

There's more. I'll add when I remember. I really would NOT add starchy vegs like carrots, pumpkin, broccoli and the like. From what I've read, it slows down the process of the smoothie ingredients being digested. You know how starches require more from the body to be digested? These vegetables do NOT combine well with fruit. Plus, you may get some bad gas as a result.

Remember it's important to keep it simple. You do not want a gazillion different veggies in there at one time.

good info... nit a fan of MOST of those greens, so I have to give it a try mixing with lots of fruits.
Petty LaBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Petty LaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 6:22pm
I am. My face is clearer.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 3:30pm
Great Scott!
I hate blended kale. Can never, ever get used to those little bits and the bitterness.
I've read recently that folk are freezing it and blending with pineapple to negate the taste.
I've not tried it yet, but soon I think.

Here's the link for freezing kale to get it to blend smoothly.
How to make a kale smoothie that doesn't taste like dirt.

Milking Almonds has some good recipes.
Milking Almonds- Green Smoothies

Enjoy!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:17pm
I dislike kale but love it on my smoothies, especially when mixed with watercress. I never taste the kale, only the other green. yum!
MooDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MooDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:36pm
what's a good pre-made smoothie? i don't have a blender, but can't help to try something else until i get one.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 474849
  Share Topic