Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Eating Healthy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Any Green Smoothie Drinkers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 46474849>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
MsTSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsTSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2010 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by rissa86 rissa86 wrote:

A couple  questions:
- What does this smoothie do? I'm not really looking for weight loss but I need to build immunity for  flu season. Would this help?

-Can you  make this and keep it in the fridge or do you have to make it fresh daily?
- I know a few people  that are  drinking collard green smoothies. Is this the same?

I believe that with the proper fruit, vegetable, and spice/herb blend, you can build immunity.  You definitely need to up your vitamin D levels to do so and I believe vitamin C and zinc.  I have a book that list which food is good for the immunity but it is away from me but I will come back and post it for you.

This will not keep in the frigde.  I have tried to make some to last me a week once.  Was unpalatable by day two.  The reason why is that the enzymes that occur in the fruits and vegetables break down the pureed smoothie rather quickly unless you cook it which deactivates it.  So make a small amount daily so it will save you money in the long run.

Yeah the collard green smoothie is the same concept, just different ingredients used.  Some people blend apples, collard greens, ginger, honey, and carrots to make a immunity boosting smoothie.  But don't quote me on that is the exact ingredients for boosting immunity.  You can do a search on youtube, google, eatingwell.com, etc for ideas.  Meanwhile let me post those immunity fighting foods.

Have you tried freezing the left over smoothie and scooping out what you want when you want and reblending? I read this somewhere earlier in the thread.
Sponsored Links

2bBsL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bBsL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2010 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by 2bBsL 2bBsL wrote:

whatever came of the 'if you eat the same greens everyday is bad for you' statement?
i tried to look it up online and couldnt find anything but i didnt read all the responses in the post....
i dont *think* it can be bad, but i dont know everything

It could be if someone is sensitive to the oxalic acids in a number of leafy greens.

awesome! since im not sensitive to it (as far as i know) i wont worry too much about it.
Thanks for posting that, it makes me feel alot better
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2010 at 7:22pm
Drinking a yummy smoothie right now...

1lb of blueberries
14 oz mixed fruit (strawberries, mango, banana)
1lb of spinach
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2010 at 5:03pm
havent had one in forever
2bBsL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bBsL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2010 at 1:53pm
i made it but ended up with bits of spinach i could basically chew on...i will try again once i get a better blender
VirgoFlirtVixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VirgoFlirtVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 1:40pm
glad i stumbled upon this thread. made my first one today to have for a snack after the gym and i love it. i made mine with a cup of mango, 1 banana, 2 handfuls of spinach and a cup of water.
skincare108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skincare108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2010 at 1:31pm
I love green smoothies.  They give me an energy boost as well and they're perfect for that afternoon slump.  I've heard it's not good to blend fruit and vegetables in a smoothie, but I've put apples and ginger in mine and I've had no negative reaction yet.Smile
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 7:39pm
I tried it for the first time tonight and it was actually pretty good. I've been drinking fruit smoothies for over a year now and was skeptical about the "Green smoothie" taste. I will start incorporating this into my routine.
des1gurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote des1gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2011 at 8:20am
made 1 yesterday at my weakest hour--3pm
big handful of spinach,banana,payaya,ice,simply delicious! energy galore!
osLOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2011 at 1:59pm
I've been making mine the same for the past few years.
Collards or Dinosaur Kale
Bananas
Chopped Dates
Pure Pressed Apple Juice
Splash of Lemon juice (to reduce oxidation)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 46474849>