Perfect Hair Collection

Any Grad School Tips?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Grad School Tips?
    Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 5:26pm
I'm about to hit the books again after graduating from undergrad in 2006.  It's been a little while.  LOL  My ultimate goal is to get my Ph.D in clinical psych and work with (or possibly in) the military.  I'm excited and nervous.  Part of me wishes I'd just gone straight through without stopping, but working in the field gave me a lot of context for the information I learned in undergrad.  

People have told me grad school is reallllly different.  I was wondering if anyone had any insight. Smile
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 5:49pm
Are you going full time? Or will you be juggling work as well? Do you have a family to juggle?

The most common thing I've seen is that you have to be really good at time management. It may take a while to get back in the swing of things. And making sure you set up some good routines now around housework, homework, free time, etc. will be helpful.

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 5:53pm
Congratulations!

I don't know if I have any tips, it's been over 10 years ago for me. Maybe get good mentors who are further ahead who can give you the scoop on the different professors, their research and disposition. They can also help you choose electives and give study notes and tips!
I only got a master's because i haven't found anything I'm passionate about to get a PhD for, but I'd like to have one before I die. .lol
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 5:56pm
Mine may not apply
But no distractions!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 6:08pm
I'll be going full-time.  My husband will be in Australia while I'm in school and I'll be going back to Arkansas to stay with family.  Arkansas is dry and boring, so distractions hopefully won't be an issue.  LOL
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 6:11pm
I found my favorite pair of flats in a mall in Arkansas. I wish I had bought more of them. I always say I'm gonna go back there just to visit the Du rs.

Anyway, family can be a distraction. And then with the time change for skyping hubby, that's something to be considered too. Sounds like y'all are embarking on a fun adventure.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Edited by maysay1 - Jun 07 2014 at 6:11pm
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 6:13pm
What do you want to research? I wish I would've done a Ph.D. It really gives you a chance to deeply research and understand something you're passionate about
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 6:51pm
I'm really interested in delving deeper into combating sexual assault in the military.  There has been some progress made in helping to make coming forward and seeking help easier.  We still have a loooong way to go.  I'd like to be a part of the solution.  I know the air force started talking about consent and what consent actually looks like.  They also started pushing for people to get themselves involved if they see something shady going on.  It's made a significant impact on rates of sexual assaults where they implemented the training.  I want to look more into things like that.  
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 7:18pm
In general?

1. Social life?

Say bye to your social life, school is your life now!

2. Study. Develop good study habits. Stay up to date with your readings

3. Get Organized

But really, the stay up to date with your class readings. It can get tempting to slack on them especially if you don't have a lot of tests throughout the semester but it comes back to bite you later.Stern Smile

You're very smart so you'll be fine Jas.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 7:26pm
Thank you Hug  I study random stuff...for fun.  Cry  I'm so boring. Dead  My biggest thing I'll need to cut back on will be gaming. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>