Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

any good hair vendors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Karry6758 Karry6758 wrote:

If you are interested in virgin hair, check out highsocietyhairllc on instagram.  the prices are awesome!!!

THIS RIGHT HERE

So you just gone come in here on the hair stroll and peddle your wares huh? Pretty bold of you..... Why not just pay for a ad like Wagmans? I mean if your hair is so great the $$$ you spend on a ad will pay for itself in no time at all RIGHT?
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by chriskat91 chriskat91 wrote:

That's why I posted to get help from people here with experience since I'm not sure how to start on research

It's easier to search what you are looking for on Google vs trying to use the search function on this site.
example: virgin Indian curly hair + BHM

Hope that helps.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 5:56pm
Yup, I've been noticing that alot; personally, I give it no attention. My silence is my response to your solicitation.
I've said this before I'll say it again, it's just sad to see where this forum has ended up sometimes. I remember when i first became a member, this forum was a freeway of information being exchanged, photos being posted and vendor information being discussed. But back then, we were primarily talking Wagmans, Laniks, Indique, EP, even Lugos from time to time, lol. And it was no big deal...You bought your hair, you announced your install, you posted your photos, you gave your 2 cents and you kept it moving. Now, it's an eyebrow raising match every time someone posts a review. Most times it's rightly so, but sometimes I just find it frustrating and an interupption of the reason why I'm here in the first. In my case, I'm not a newbie to BHM, but I am a newbie to Virgin Hair because I've never used it before and quite frankly the way things are going, some days I feel like going down to my local BSS and buy 2 packs of hair and call it a day because I can't be bothered with this Virgin hair market sometimes!!!! Geesh.

It's either they're buying approval from Gurus or their soliciting in every nook and cranny that social networking or forums can offer. I even see hair vendors posting their advertisements WITHIN You tube channel's comments boxes!!! I'm like WOW, that's fresh.

So, after all my rambling, my point is that I can see through the soliciation attempts and quite frankly, if you come correct and have a good product, go for it, but do it the right way and be upfront. I'm no hater, I'd love to know a good company, but there is so much messiness going on that it makes it hard to find the genuine good ones. When I see these impersonators pose as members on here, I just ignore.

As for the tip to use the google search, no problem, I'll try that right now. :) I can't wait to try a virgin hair vendor so I can start posting some reviews and hopefully help a newbie the same way that I need help now.  The last time I did a review it was for some BSS Sensual Mink Yaki hair, lolllll. Yes, so long ago. But seriously,  I wanna see BHM back to the way it used to be: the information highway of all things hair/weaves, not this solicitation pit stop that some people have been using it to become. That way people can feel comfortable to post here and not looked at with a stiff eyebrow each time they post a question or comment. I see both sides of the street.  I agree that it's shady when vendors come here and pose like members every other day, but I also feel sorry for a newbie who really may have a question and just doesn't know the ropes yet. Just sayin'!

Overall, thanks for the tips ladies!!! :) Sorry to have highjacked your thread OP!

Edited by Daymarme - Dec 06 2013 at 6:02pm
chriskat91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chriskat91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 7:28pm
It's okay good to get some tips on this whole hair buying thing since I didn't know it was really like this to buy hair. I just figured I could get some honest advice and reviews from people on hair
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 9:14pm
The shedding issue can be solved by sealing the wefts. As for hair companies, I have tried queen hair products(aliexpress), bellewigs (cv) lovestlacewigs and their sister company (CV), divinewigs (Filipino vendor), glam goddess beauty, yummy hair extensions and I just received my order from jacebeauty...with that being said...price does play a factor but not a huge factor. Sealing does make wearing extensions more bearable especially if shedding is a problem...reduction of shedding reduces tangling.   With any hair purchase, it is imperative to research the hair company before giving your coins to them. Initial reviews don't mean crap because even bargain bin weave is good for thr first 2 weeks. Check or ask about longevity of the hair...don't let the pretty installs convince you of the hair quality...it just means that the stylist or the person knows how to present the hair nicely. I hope this helps
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 9:41pm
I'm sorry if I'm falsely accusing you, OP. But there is a reason we are so skeptical. These fly by night vendors have gotten so sneaky and so shady and IF they were legit, they would advertise another, more credible way than create fake accounts and pretend to be a "real" person.

That ish is so transparent. And all it does it creates trust issues when there are genuinely "real" people seeking SINCERE advice.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 9:53pm
Thank you so much for your pos and suggestions.!
chriskat91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriskat91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 1:30am
Thank you everyone for the help I never knew it was so complicated
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Op...How much research have u done?, The fact that u mention her imports u will see on this board that they have a bad rep. Sold a blogger some bad hair that turned into hay when she bleached it. I told u to put into Google....Aliexpress BHM.....VOLUMES OF INFO. Some ppl are not going to just tell u about their vendors because they spend their coins researching. Bdogg is very popular on the board for indian hair. Read some threads ...tons of info

ALL OF THIS.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Daymarme Daymarme wrote:

Yup, I've been noticing that alot; personally, I give it no attention. My silence is my response to your solicitation.
I've said this before I'll say it again, it's just sad to see where this forum has ended up sometimes. I remember when i first became a member, this forum was a freeway of information being exchanged, photos being posted and vendor information being discussed. But back then, we were primarily talking Wagmans, Laniks, Indique, EP, even Lugos from time to time, lol. And it was no big deal...You bought your hair, you announced your install, you posted your photos, you gave your 2 cents and you kept it moving. Now, it's an eyebrow raising match every time someone posts a review. Most times it's rightly so, but sometimes I just find it frustrating and an interupption of the reason why I'm here in the first. In my case, I'm not a newbie to BHM, but I am a newbie to Virgin Hair because I've never used it before and quite frankly the way things are going, some days I feel like going down to my local BSS and buy 2 packs of hair and call it a day because I can't be bothered with this Virgin hair market sometimes!!!! Geesh.

It's either they're buying approval from Gurus or their soliciting in every nook and cranny that social networking or forums can offer. I even see hair vendors posting their advertisements WITHIN You tube channel's comments boxes!!! I'm like WOW, that's fresh.

So, after all my rambling, my point is that I can see through the soliciation attempts and quite frankly, if you come correct and have a good product, go for it, but do it the right way and be upfront. I'm no hater, I'd love to know a good company, but there is so much messiness going on that it makes it hard to find the genuine good ones. When I see these impersonators pose as members on here, I just ignore.

As for the tip to use the google search, no problem, I'll try that right now. :) I can't wait to try a virgin hair vendor so I can start posting some reviews and hopefully help a newbie the same way that I need help now.  The last time I did a review it was for some BSS Sensual Mink Yaki hair, lolllll. Yes, so long ago. But seriously,  I wanna see BHM back to the way it used to be: the information highway of all things hair/weaves, not this solicitation pit stop that some people have been using it to become. That way people can feel comfortable to post here and not looked at with a stiff eyebrow each time they post a question or comment. I see both sides of the street.  I agree that it's shady when vendors come here and pose like members every other day, but I also feel sorry for a newbie who really may have a question and just doesn't know the ropes yet. Just sayin'!

Overall, thanks for the tips ladies!!! :) Sorry to have highjacked your thread OP!
Down memory lane remember the old Laniks Virgin Curls ^1, I still watch that old Youtube video with those luscious curls with a old BHM member Sinn something. The good days when I bough bulk hair from Wagmans and asking for the curliest batch then getting ot wefted by Sam.

Edited by Princess Grace - Dec 07 2013 at 10:52am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System