BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Crossfitters?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hotpinktoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hotpinktoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Crossfitters?
    Posted: Oct 04 2015 at 5:01pm
I am officially a Crossfitter (even though I have been doing it since March). I love what it has done for my self confidence and body. I keep taking so many progress pictures. And no I go 4xs a week.

I did notice that there wasn't much diversity (Of Brown Ladies) at my box and I wanted to know if there were any ladies here. Just to build a network/ motivate each other. 
Sponsored Links

Kaori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kaori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 2:43pm
Crossfitter here! Been doing it for about 2 years, fittest I've ever been and really happy with my body. Like your situation, I think I am one of 4 'brown ladies' at my box of 450 and as a judge at comps, I rarely see women (and in some cases men) of colour. 

That's a discussion that will run and run (together with all the others). It suits my needs but I'm still  working on my first muscle up...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hotpinktoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 2:57pm
HIHug yay! Someone else is just as crazy as me to sign up for crossfit and stick with it. Do you ever feel like other people just don't understand lol. I have a question since you have been doing it for two years do you feel like you have ever plateaued in your workouts or in building muscle? 
I know I haven't because I can see myself getting stronger but I worry about it.
Kaori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kaori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2015 at 2:16am
I've noticed that I have developed a large group of Crossfitting friends who I can talk through the craziness with!

Re: plateauing - there are always areas to improve whether it's your gymnastic work (that's my weakness ); your lifting technique; your weights; the times for the baseline WODs like Fran etc. I think people plateau because they stop pushing themselves and expect 'doing Crossfit' to be enough. Just as you'd increase the effort you'd put in at a conventional gym to get stronger/fitter..you should do the same with Crossfit.

Still love it and at 39 with visible abs, a high booty, toned arms/legs and able to move some respectable barbell weights -  it's working for me.

Are you only doing the workouts or are you also focusing on lifting/gymnastics too?
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2015 at 11:41am
im aware of it, but i dont do it. i workout solo at home and in the park, etc.
keep up the great work!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hotpinktoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 2:27pm
I am doing the crossfit work outs which at my box include the gymnastics, weightlifting, and some sorta hero workout or metcon for the WOD. I have seen a great increase in my strength and times. But I also noticed I have realized that for me its all about what i eat and if I stick to my Macros to see results. As soon as I deviate it all goes south.  
 I actually enjoy the gymnastics more than the actual work out. Have you tried anything else as a workout?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote hotpinktoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 2:29pm
Thanks for the support!! I encourage everyone to do it if it works for them. I talked my sister's best friend into trying it and she's hooked.
jayo2515 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jayo2515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 7:44pm
I just started last month. I'm not the best at crossfit, but in one month I've already seen progress in my body.

My box is actually owned and ran by a black man, so I see lots of brown faces on a daily basis.
Kaori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kaori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2015 at 10:05am
I think there are Black women that DO work out but the percentage is low and the type of exercises done are possibly not on the level of Crossfit...if there is one type of exercising that it going to sweat out your hair (and t-shirt, shorts)..it's this.

I am seeing more entering the sport compared to when I started in 2013 but still quite low proportionally compared to say Zumba...
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic