Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any alternatives to glue, tape, and glueless wigs?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Any alternatives to glue, tape, and glueless wigs?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any alternatives to glue, tape, and glueless wigs?
    Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 9:25pm
I have a glueless lace front wig. It's lovely. I want to get the front to stick onto my scalp so that it looks more natural and so that the brown lace isn't revealed. I use edge control to stick it on but that lasts me maybe 5 hours. Is there anything that is similar to edge control (the stickiness, the ability to hold) or any alternatives to using tape and glue on a wig? 

Things I've tried/heard of already
- edge control (works for few hours, could stick/hold better)
- wig it gripper 
- got2be glue (doesn't hold, just sticky)
- hairspray (failed)
- spritz

Edited by peaceloveandcurls - Jun 25 2013 at 9:27pm
Sponsored Links

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:28am
Peace, when you're using Got2Be, are you holding the lace down until the gel dries?  See this thread:

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 8:32am
Are you using the Got2Be gel, layered with the Got2Be hair spray (ultra hold) on top?  It doesn't work for me without BOTH and tying the front down for 10 minutes or so afterwards. .
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 11:32am
I'm actually using the white paste I had the gel and it didn't seem to work. I will try holding it down today
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic