FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

any Africans who celebrate Kwanzaa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 2:06pm

This is a funny ass thread. I'm over here with tears in my eyes. damn.

Sponsored Links

AffirmativeBunny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AffirmativeBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

LOL hold on OP lemme ask the one billion folks in Africa.
Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

They said no.

CryLOL I damn near peed my pants! LOLLOL
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 6:28pm

Kwanzza is an African based- cultural celebration for Black people so it would benift anyone who wants to reaffrim or teach thier children "cultural idenity"

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 6:44pm
Imo the only reason more Black people don't celebrate Kwanzza is because the white majority dont celebrate it. The article in the link you shared was just one womans view... the author failed to reconize that she is being excluded most of the time
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 7:22pm
No.
LOL

JGCwayZeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JGCwayZeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Imo the only reason more Black people don't celebrate Kwanzza is because the white majority dont celebrate it. The article in the link you shared was just one womans view... the author failed to reconize that she is being excluded most of the time

I shared the article because it summed up my view on the holiday... I don't need a "black" alternative to Christmas... it's a religious holiday, heavily commercialized, but religious nonetheless and has nothing to do with race in my eyes. My education about Black/African history and culture is ongoing, I don't need a few days or a single month set aside to recognize where I come from. 
I could care less if white people started celebrating Kwanzaa by the masses, I still wouldn't. The founder of Kwanzaa wrote a book, The Quotable Karenga, and bashed Jesus/Christianity in it. No thanks. 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 12:16am
Y'all stop hatin' on Sandra Lee's corn nut pie filling Kwanzaa cake! She put like 2 minutes of effort into thinking up that nasty a** cake.AngryLOLLOL
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 12:22am
Originally posted by JGCwayZeBaby JGCwayZeBaby wrote:

I shared the article because it summed up my view on the holiday... I don't need a "black" alternative to Christmas... it's a religious holiday, heavily commercialized, but religious nonetheless and has nothing to do with race in my eyes. My education about Black/African history and culture is ongoing, I don't need a few days or a single month set aside to recognize where I come from. 
I could care less if white people started celebrating Kwanzaa by the masses, I still wouldn't. The founder of Kwanzaa wrote a book, The Quotable Karenga, and bashed Jesus/Christianity in it. No thanks. 
You do know that Christmas is not in the bible or any other religious or holy piece of literature.

But your thought process makes sense.

It's what kept slaves, slaves.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 12:24am
Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus.
And it urks me how black folks hold on so tight to massa's religion.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 12:28am
Kwanzaa was created by a nutcase who wanted to create a new religion under the disguise of an unified African holiday

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic