Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedANY AFFIRM FIBERGUARD SUSTENANCE USERS?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
olcow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ANY AFFIRM FIBERGUARD SUSTENANCE USERS?
    Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 11:00am
Just wanted to know if anyone uses or has used this as a treatment after rinsing out their relaxer? It has ceramides in it. A PH level of 4.5, and is used while the cuticle is open. I think I will mix it with a little porosity, and Aphogee 3 minute, as a protein treatment right after I rinse my relaxer out... Does this sound like a good thing? or is it over kill?

Just would like your opinions Ladies.

And as always TIA
Sponsored Links

simjam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 11:06am
u know my new hairdresser (who Im beginning to love more and more) used this in my hair after she relaxed it.

I wanst planning to ask her to do the protein step inbetween, so I was pleasantly surprised when she used this .. only thing is she only used it on the newly relaxed hair ... like she parted my hair and applied it close to the scalp.

maybe I'll buy some and tell her to use it througout my hair.

one thing I noticed was that my hair was bouncy and did not have that "relaxer smell" that I usually had. I liked it. She used the affirm relaxer too.
Cheveux View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 9:56pm
I LOVE Sustenance.  I am an Affirm Mild Fiberguard lady and Sustenance works so well with it.  Sustenance is not a protein conditioner, but somehow it leaves the hair SO smooth, soft and smells so good I just keep turning my head to get a whiff.

I don't believe in doctoring up quality products like that, but I guess you could try.

Kat EyeZ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 1:47am
I use Affirm products on myself and my clients, I don't think you need to mix it with anything this is a very good product line that's the only line I have used since I've been introduced to the product about 10 or11 yrs ago.

Using these line and with a good stylist you'll definitely have healthy hair with a lot of body!!!!!
olcow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Kat EyeZ Kat EyeZ wrote:

I use Affirm products on myself and my clients, I don't think you need to mix it with anything this is a very good product line that's the only line I have used since I've been introduced to the product about 10 or11 yrs ago.Using these line and with a good stylist you'll definitely have healthy hair with a lot of body!!!!!

===
Is it good to use a protein treatment after the substeance or is good to just use it alone? I like using a reconstructor (protein) after rinsing out the relaxer... I love this product also. It is well worth the price. I have not used it on a regular basis, but I will start after my touch-up... Thank you for responding.
olcow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 8:41am
Thanks for responding Ladies... I will be using this in my reggie from now on. It is a great product...
I want to know how to use it, and work with it around protein/reconstructor treatments... I will experiment I guess, and see what works...

Thanks again
B.love View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 11:02am
Where can i get affirm products?
GLAMAFROMNY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2009 at 3:44pm
what exactly is the affirm fiberguard subsentance?(leave-in?, mositurizer?, conditioner?, protein treatment?)
olcow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2009 at 4:38pm
It is a fortifying treatment to use after you rinse the relaxer out and to just use in your reggie. It makes the hair very, very nice. It is pricy though, liter size bottle about 30.00, but to me it is worth it and it last a long time.
It can be found a Irby's beauty..
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic