Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anxiety Disorder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beautiful-stranger View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful-stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anxiety Disorder
    Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:34am
Know anyone that suffers from it? I realize I've been having anxiety attacks very frequently, there is no trigger I'm not sure how to combat them unfortunately. Any suggestions besides anti-depressants.
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:35am
Go see a doctor
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:41am
I listen to music to zone out
Lie on floor and concentrate on breathing
And I take Xanax when absolutely necessary
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful-stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:43am
I had to listen to really relaxing music last night to finally relax
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:45am
You should buy a small water fountain and put near your bed
Buy candles, tea and pics of nature

Try the holistic approach to solving your anxieties
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:51am
I used to have them in my awkward teen years. I noticed that they would happen if i wanted to cry, but held it in instead.
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:52am
i do some breathing exercice and i tell myself: Girl you tripping for no damn reason..relax!!!lol
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 11:08am
I would recommend seeing a therapist.
You may have an underlying emotional issue that you arent acknowledging or even aware of.
Have you experienced a major life event within the last year?
Do you tend to allow yourself to experience sadness/anger/grief without restriction or do you hold things in?
Do you talk to trustworthy individuals when experiencing distress?

In the mean time, start a journal and record the following when you feel a panic attack coming on:
-Time
-Date
-What you feel
-What you think
-A brief summary of something you were physically doing within the last 30 min before you started experiencing symptoms
Try to do this everyday for at least 2 weeks
By doing this you may be able to identify the triggers more easily if you notice a pattern from your notes

Also, deep breathing exercises, yoga, relaxing music, or aroma therapy can also help. Meditation may also be useful for you.

I hope you get the relief you need hun, feel free to PM me if you need to talk about it more, I've been in your shoes Hug
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful-stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

I would recommend seeing a therapist.
You may have an underlying emotional issue that you arent acknowledging or even aware of.
Have you experienced a major life event within the last year? I don't think so, most recently my bf moved to VA for a job.
Do you tend to allow yourself to experience sadness/anger/grief without restriction or do you hold things in? I'm pretty sure I hold things in
Do you talk to trustworthy individuals when experiencing distress? Not really

In the mean time, start a journal and record the following when you feel a panic attack coming on:
-Time
-Date
-What you feel
-What you think
-A brief summary of something you were physically doing within the last 30 min before you started experiencing symptoms
Try to do this everyday for at least 2 weeks
By doing this you may be able to identify the triggers more easily if you notice a pattern from your notes

Also, deep breathing exercises, yoga, relaxing music, or aroma therapy can also help. Meditation may also be useful for you.

I hope you get the relief you need hun, feel free to PM me if you need to talk about it more, I've been in your shoes Hug
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:41pm
also take note of certain things you eat that can trigger anxiety attacks. I stay away from coffee and any other beverage or treat that is high in caffeine, i try to make sure i get adequate sleep and stay away from stressful situations as much as possible. I also like valerian root extract ( its used to make Valium!). hope u feel better 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>