Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anon pleads for Yts to gentrify park so that city
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Anon pleads for Yts to gentrify park so that city

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

We need to seriously stop voting for corrupt black Politicians . Look at Detroit for example . The mayor and his gang stole every dime for parks in black neighborhoods . White folks like a nice park , but they will steal the soccer /baseball funds from children.

I will read the article after dinner . I say let the white folks donate to fix the parks with a iron clad contract . You can't built nothing on the land after the fact . My husband and a few friends cut grass for free in disadvantage black children parks . I have a savings plan to purchase new swings . I may reach my goal soon .
This perfect Someone actually doing something... YT people have no investment in Black People if they want something you can kiss your park area GOODBYE! its like please in-slave me so I can have FOOD!
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

This is SO SAD people who feel like they cant do anything for themselves unless Other people take on the responsibility
uuuum....
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

That's not even what this is about. 
pretty much this because: 
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

We all pay taxes to the Government so we all deserve Government services 
this
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 11:23pm
I agree with the fact that if its public then public funds should go to support it, but at the same time everyday people have to care about their own parks and areas.. No one has a bigger investment than the people who live there

Edited by naturesgift - Aug 05 2014 at 11:24pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 11:56pm

We need to seriously stop voting for corrupt black Politicians . Look at Detroit for example . The mayor and his gang stole every dime for parks in black neighborhoods . White folks like a nice park , but they will steal the soccer /baseball funds from children.

I will read the article after dinner . I say let the white folks donate to fix the parks with a iron clad contract . You can't built nothing on the land after the fact . My husband and a few friends cut grass for free in disadvantage black children parks . I have a savings plan to purchase new swings . I may reach my goal soon .
This perfect Someone actually doing something... YT people have no investment in Black People if they want something you can kiss your park area GOODBYE! its like please in-slave me so I can have FOOD!
You went right over my head . Who is perfect ? I know a few white people that actually care and will give from the heart , without expecting anything in return By the way .

I could buy the park if anyone attempts to take it since you said "I could kiss it goodbye" ? I try to find the good in all people . Do I trust white folk ? Not really , but I refuse to hate all . That would make me no different .

I agree we need to do more as a people . My white co workers contribute to my park fund without question nature . My park area is historical and white money can't touch it .

I want go into detail about my personal efforts to make sure . I am blessed to have lived over 50 years . I know a little bit on how things work after living most of it related to the topic . We are doing better . I work at the park with people 16 to 70 that care about the neighborhood . I continue to learn as time change . Do you visit,help or live near poor neighborhoods ?

My parents made sure and our work continues . I am not some wealthy woman , but I use what I have to make a difference like many people with less . No one is waiting on white folks , at least in my circle from the poor to the rich .    

Edited by india100 - Aug 05 2014 at 11:57pm
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 12:43am

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

We all pay taxes to the Government so we all deserve Government services

This is SO SAD people who feel like they cant do anything for themselves unless Other people take on the responsibility

Exactly. This isn't city vs. suburb. The park district is clearly funneling money to the clear parts of the city and neglecting the brown parts. Probably because they've gotten away with it so long and people have been scared to speak out.
Where are you 2 coming from? City vs suburb.??? If this person really wanted change there is more than one way to go about it... Starting with taking organizing and starting where we are-

What is happening here is you have two parks for example, in the same city where all are contributing to the same pot of taxes. In the part of the city where whites live the government is maintaining the parks, in the brown areas the parks are being neglected by the government or not being shown the same level of care. Given this situation the best you can come up with is that blacks need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and clean their own park?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 12:48am

You went right over my head . Who is perfect ? I know a few white people that actually care and will give from the heart , without expecting anything in return By the way .

I could buy the park if anyone attempts to take it since you said "I could kiss it goodbye" ? I try to find the good in all people . Do I trust white folk ? Not really , but I refuse to hate all . That would make me no different .

I agree we need to do more as a people . My white co workers contribute to my park fund without question nature . My park area is historical and white money can't touch it .

I want go into detail about my personal efforts to make sure . I am blessed to have lived over 50 years . I know a little bit on how things work after living most of it related to the topic . We are doing better . I work at the park with people 16 to 70 that care about the neighborhood . I continue to learn as time change . Do you visit,help or live near poor neighborhoods ?

My parents made sure and our work continues . I am not some wealthy woman , but I use what I have to make a difference like many people with less . No one is waiting on white folks , at least in my circle from the poor to the rich .    
I think you missed my point. I was giving you kudos for actually making an effort in your own community.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 12:56am
And for White people I was referring to the OP topic of pleading for gentrification. When I said "KISS IT GOOD BYE" is what I think it means for any primary non-white community. All I was saying is people need to start where they are and not depend on someone else to solve issues they can make an effort towards themselves.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12