Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Angelina Jolie reveals she had double mastectomy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Angelina Jolie reveals she had double mastectomy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThABxBoRoUgH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThABxBoRoUgH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 2:57am
Hmm just because she has the BRCA 1 gene? I really don't think she thought this through. Who's the doctor that okay'd this? She could just get monthly check ups if she is that freaked out about possibly getting breast cancer. 

But my only thing is that it doesn't seem as if breast cancer runs in her family. If her great grandma, grandma, aunt, mother all had breast cancer, then I would def understand. Even though her mom did have ovarian cancer which BRCA1 gene has somewhat of an effect. Is she going to get her ovaries removed too though? Also breast cancer is one of the more treatable/curable cancers. Maybe there is just more to this story that we don't know. I don't know, I feel like this decision was a little premature but it is her body and if she likes it, I love it. 
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 3:41am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Dang now people gotta ask for permission on which adjectives they can use on here. BHM bougie.

And good for her. 

girl boo.. I always pull wonderlands leg and I will continue to do so, leave me alone LOL
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 3:55am
Originally posted by ThABxBoRoUgH ThABxBoRoUgH wrote:

Hmm just because she has the BRCA 1 gene? I really don't think she thought this through. Who's the doctor that okay'd this? She could just get monthly check ups if she is that freaked out about possibly getting breast cancer. 

But my only thing is that it doesn't seem as if breast cancer runs in her family. If her great grandma, grandma, aunt, mother all had breast cancer, then I would def understand. Even though her mom did have ovarian cancer which BRCA1 gene has somewhat of an effect. Is she going to get her ovaries removed too though? Also breast cancer is one of the more treatable/curable cancers. Maybe there is just more to this story that we don't know. I don't know, I feel like this decision was a little premature but it is her body and if she likes it, I love it. 

I agree with all of this, but who knows. We don't know her medical history. She had some nice boobies though. Cry
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 4:01am
It was a brave and smart decision. I'm sure she can have reconstructive surgery with no problems. I can't remember the name of that blond actress who had it done...
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 4:59am
Oh..
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 5:15am
That's scary
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 5:20am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

That's a bold preventive decision. 
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:10am
Originally posted by ThABxBoRoUgH ThABxBoRoUgH wrote:

Finally, something that makes sense...
Although getting tested to determine if we carry certain genes is good, I guess, just because she was a carrier didn't mean that gene would be expressed.  I agree with Sang, I would've waited it out.  Our gene pools are so diverse, we could have all type of bad and/or good genes in us.

yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 7:20am
Then again there's no telling of her thinking. She could be like what if I develop it and I could go through treatment..what about the kids and what if I couldn't get movie roles? I guess she is thinking she could always hire the finest surgeon and have them implant some breasts? Often stares are eccentric in their actions and thinking.  
briany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 7:26am
It was Christina Applegate.

She made a very brave and difficult decision.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic