This is my first BHM review ever!
Sorry if your tired of these threads but I just wanted to share my experience as so many others have graciously done before me. Since I value you ladies input and you ladies have saved me countless coins in preventing me from making what would have been regrettable purchases, I wanted to contribute my own in hopes that my input would be helpful to someone else.
Specs: 2x20, 1x18, 1x18 inch closure. Coarse yaki of "Brazilian" origin. And you already know the vendor.
I have been wearing this hair daily since 9/20/2013 as a closure wig and has been removed nightly except for 2 or 3 nights. On a
chinese Japanese swim cap, I installed both 20 inch bundles (1 split, 1 not split) and about 1/2 of the 18 inch bundle (split) and of course the closure. I cowashed with Pantene relaxed and natural cowash and airdried overnight but it was still wet so I lightly blowdried.
* True to length
* Healthy ends
* Very little shedding (almost none but I don't want to be unrealistic and say no shedding)
* Not over processed or dried out
* Light and airy meaning although its heavily textured hair, it still blows in the wind and has tremendous bounce.
* Holds curls for days without product. Also, flatirons beautifully.
* Decent CS
* Shipping took about 1.5 weeks. I know this isn't super long but it should have been received in 2-3 days. Since I was on the prowl for some textured hair at a decent price, and saw the 4 or 5 reviews of this hair, I took the plunge/chance and ordered the day before the infamous post and the slew of orders took place. However, I still got caught up in the wave and I believe the hair was out of stock. They sent me a free gift i.e. brush to compensate and a apology note.
* The wefts are short and for a
really flat full install must be split. They are also really thick and not easily folded over, so the need to be split for a flat install as well.
This is my first time wearing a "natural texture"and I haven't styled it much (no bantu knots, 2 strand twists, etc) I just flatiron it, curl it with my flatiron, or one of many curling wands. I also don't frequently take pictures of myself so here are some I scrounged up.... This flash makes my eyebrows look cra cra and I wasn't done with my makeup yet (I ran late and was getting myself together at my desk) but I promise they dont look like this in real life.
Fresh out the package:
Flatironed ends (so you can see the health of the ends):
Closure slightly tweezed, no bleached knots, no faux bleached knots either: