Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Alternative Religions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAnd why do we listen to Paul???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2008 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by B_Essence B_Essence wrote:

I have studied many "spiritual" books and NONE even MATCH the Bible in ORIGINALITY.. Finding out the ORIGIN to any belief is what helps with finding TRUTH as well....

LOL I'm sorry, this right here just made me guffaw.  No offense intended towards you and the faith your God and His word... it's just that I have a very different understanding of "originality". 

The fundamental backbone for the Ten Commandments was written two thousand years before it appeared in any bible (Hammurabi's Code), and the old Testament was the Hebrew Torah before it was ever called the "Old Testament".  I have been fortunate to read some excellent accounts and stories that were left on the editing table, and therefore didn't make the final cut into this compilation piece we now call "The Bible".  In fact, political factors were in play when certain stories were cut. 

Here is why I showed my skepticism on the idea that "The Bible" is perfectly, and "originally" inspired:

1. The Judeans were the ones that put "The Bible" together.  Those stories, were mostly already written.  They were like the yearbook committee, just trying to see how good it looks and fits together.

2. Judea at that time was a separate state from the rest of Israel because they went to war with them, and won their sovereignty, they had a knack for spinning things that had anything to do with the Jews of Israel.

3. The idea that the "victors write history" was not new then, and it still applies now.  The final edited version of what we know as "The Bible" has only what they (the Judeans) allowed to be displayed.

4. There are other stories that the Judeans left out, but are making there way back into academic study bibles (seminary school bibles with the "extras" that most people don't get to see.)

5. Do you know why some of those stories were left out?  Because it clearly made the Judeans look bad.  Not because it was "unnecessary redundancy".  If unnecessary redundancy was a criteria for cutting, why do we have Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all telling the same story?

Sorry, that was long.  Bad habit of mine.  I just didn't want any confusion as far as what my stance was on this.

Edited by Arielle - Feb 25 2008 at 4:24pm
Sponsored Links

azblklatina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2008 at 5:09pm

I gues I ask question about the bible because i often wonder why Christians don't  follow it.  I wonder why Christians pick and chooose quotes in the bible to follow but ignore what they don't want to follow???  so I guess my friends on this section if I am missing something do they see what I see or is it just me.  I just never knew it was okay to "kind of" follow the bible to meet your needs

newcurlygirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2008 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by azblklatina azblklatina wrote:

I gues I ask question about the bible because i often wonder why Christians don't  follow it.  I wonder why Christians pick and chooose quotes in the bible to follow but ignore what they don't want to follow???  so I guess my friends on this section if I am missing something do they see what I see or is it just me.  I just never knew it was okay to "kind of" follow the bible to meet your needs

it isn't now, nor ever was. there were "true" and "false" Christians when Christianity was first established and the same is true, today. Goes for people professing other faiths as well.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2008 at 7:50pm
I understand your frustration, azblklatina.  I really do, but you'll find it hard to by satisfied by their answers just like they're not satisfied with ours. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic