Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Bootiful Cream

Author
BonaFideDiva View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: And She Came Recommended
    Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:25am
I have been looking for a great dermatologist for a few months now. A girlfriend of mine recommended one to me. Young, black woman. Harvard Grad. Upper East Side office. I checked out the website and she offers a variety of services including general skin care, treatments in office (microdermabrasion, etc), and even some cosmetic work (botox, etc.).

I made an appointment for this morning. I get up this morning and treck my bootie up to her office. Sign in, fill out the new patient paperwork, submit my insurance information and wait. Oddly, there are about 4 other people waiting.

Well after about 20 minutes of waiting, an office assistant comes out the back and tells us that the doctor isnt in, and that they can not get in contact with her. "We are moving and there must have been a mix up in the schedule."

I dont know how a physical move can confuse a TIME of appointments but whatever.

Here is the punchline. This took the cake. About ten minutes later, the receptionist had the AUDACITY to ask me copayment!

Her: Miss **BFD**, let's go ahead and get your $$xx copayment for your visit today?

*i walk up to the reception desk*

Me: Before we discuss payment, have you contacted the Dr.  yet and obtained an ETA?

Her: Hopefully she'll be here any minute now.

Me: Well granted she comes in, how many people are ahead of me?

Her: *pregnant pause* about 3.

Me: I will nto be submitting payment, In fact - I am cancelling my appointment.

Her: Would you like to reschedule?

Me: Absolutely not. Have a nice day.

and to make matters worse they had a sign up about a $50 charge for cancelled appointments and THEN on their paperwork were talking about returned check fees and when u make a check payment you have to submit a credit card with it for a 1 cent verification charge.

what kinda phuckery? Angry

if anyone wants to recommend a dermatologist in NYC, pls do so. I swear Im on my way to Dr. Zizmoor! LOL
Sponsored Links

Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:27am
Alert your credit card company in case they charge you.

The only dermatologist I know of in NYC is Dr Lisa Airan.
emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:29am
omg bfd...some ppl need to grow up..they think you cant get someone else to do the job..girl continue looking and if you dont get someone just go a little further.

how have you been otherwise?we need to catch up
SELU10 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:29am
Well, you have a lot more class than I do. How can they charge you and you haven't even had the treatment yet? Lord, stupidity is a disease!!!
#1StarGazer View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:31am
That's tacky that they would ask for co-payment when you never had your appointment. 

But believe it or not, I think that happens often w/ dermatologists, especially ones that cater to Black people.  I had to wait 2 hours to see my derm and he came "highly recommended" as well.  Unhappy
emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:33am
btw here in holland its normal that they do this.
they will charge you if you cancel your appointment. they mean its money they are losing cus they could have scheduled someone else.

Entice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:33am
Was this Dr. Janine Downin?
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:35am

I know some offices do take the co-pay prior to the appt--HOWEVER the doctor is there!  That's alot of nerve asking for money when the doctor is nowhere to be found and not answering her office callsClown.

You did the right thing...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:35am
YardGirl: They cant charge me. They dont have my credit card information. I was going to pay with a debit card - but I didnt give them SH*T!

EMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIH :)  hey girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where ya been? This chic is acting like we aint up in a recession! what a mess :(

SELOU - that is what Im saying. My doctors in Atlanta would be like chile go home we'll mail you a bill.

StarGazer - that is a hawt mess. What are we going to do - run out the office with some samples after the doc leaves the room? LOL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:37am
No Entice. This was Dr. Kim Nichols
http://www.cookboldenskinandlaser.com/physicians.shtml#Nichols

Kim Nichols, M.D.
Dermatology, Dermatologic Surgery
Cosmetic and Laser Surgery

Dermatologist%20in%20New%20York%20City,%20Laser,%20Botox,%20Skin%20Care,%20Ethnic%20Skin%20-%20Manhattan,%20Brooklyn,%20Westchester,%20NY%20-%20Kim%20Nichols,%20M.D.%20-%20Skin%20Specialty%20Group

Kim Nichols, MD is a cum laude graduate from Harvard University. She received her medical degree from New York University School of Medicine. Dr. Nichols completed her residency training in dermatology at the King Drew - Harbor/UCLA Medical Centers, where she acted as chief resident in her last year. There she trained in the medical and surgical treatment of patients of all backgrounds, ranging from skin cancer screening and surgery to laser therapy in skin of color. While in practice, Dr. Nichols has provided comprehensive care to both pediatric and adult patients in general dermatology, skin cancer surgery and cosmetic treatments. She performs a wide range of cosmetic procedures such as Botox, fillers, laser treatments, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and sclerotherapy.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic