FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAn intelligent person

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 1:58am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

How do you rate a person's intelligence?  

Yesterday, I went to brunch with an older man who placed an order with the the barista . The barista (who seem preoccupied) asked him to repeat his order a couple of minutes after.  The older man then stated that 'She isn't too bright".  Is that all it takes to consider a person to not be 'smart'?  

I have met many people with professional degrees  who say the most backward, judgemental foolish things and wonder..........what qualifies a person as intelligent?

seems like he was intentionally been an ass if it was obvious that she was preoccupied

this.  what he said was uncalled for.   It ain't that big a deal.  I'd rather repeat my order so they get it right.
Sponsored Links

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 9:32am
In this society, memorization is synonymous with intelligence.

However being able to think critically, analyze the facts/data, make deductions and explain how you arrived at a conclusion, etc to ME are signs of intelligence. Even if we disagree.

Perfect example is the your vs you're issue. I don't think someone is stupid if they don't know the difference. If you've never come across it/learned it, whatever. And typos happen. Fine. Or if you get them switched all the time. Hmmm......ehhh ok fine. I do get mildly concerned if I'm conversing with someone (educated and grown) and they don't understand WHY they're different or think that its synonymous / interchangeable.

Even then I don't think they're stupid. I think the system failed them. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic