Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

An 'intelligent' person

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An 'intelligent' person
    Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 12:37am
How do you rate a person's intelligence?  

Yesterday, I went to brunch with an older man who placed an order with the the barista . The barista (who seem preoccupied) asked him to repeat his order a couple of minutes after.  The older man then stated that 'She isn't too bright".  Is that all it takes to consider a person to not be 'smart'?  

I have met many people with professional degrees  who say the most backward, judgemental foolish things and wonder..........what qualifies a person as intelligent?

Edited by sbrownie84 - Sep 04 2014 at 1:13am
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 12:45am
Did that older man happen to be white?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Did that older man happen to be white?

no. why?
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 12:57am
lol.. she's just absent minded...or her mind is preoccupied with something else..

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 12:58am
are you concerned that he may have a negative impression of you?

first impressions are usually arbitrary

unfortunately it's unflattering when pretentious people think they have nothing to gain from the other person

I wouldn't put too much stock in it

Edited by rickysrose - Sep 04 2014 at 12:59am
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 1:01am
that was mean as hell, hope you aen't dating him

those are the type of men that live to belittle ppl
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 1:12am
Rickysrose: as always you hit the nail on the head

One thing my last job experience taught me, is to stop caring what others think of me and to stop being a people pleaser. I'm glad to have 'beat that monkey'.

However, I began to categorize the guy as pretentious as well. Do you consider a person pretentious if they are quick to write off a person as 'stupid'?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 1:12am
Oh lord. No not dating him. Just a friend
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 1:16am
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

How do you rate a person's intelligence?  

Yesterday, I went to brunch with an older man who placed an order with the the barista . The barista (who seem preoccupied) asked him to repeat his order a couple of minutes after.  The older man then stated that 'She isn't too bright".  Is that all it takes to consider a person to not be 'smart'?  

I have met many people with professional degrees  who say the most backward, judgemental foolish things and wonder..........what qualifies a person as intelligent?

seems like he was intentionally been an ass if it was obvious that she was preoccupied

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 1:36am
I'd sooner think that someone said something stupid vs someone actually being stupid

pretentious hmmm.   if someone is making themselves out to be more articulate, cultured, talented, traveled on and on than they actually are ... at the expense of others, yeah that's pretentious

but pretentiousness is not the same as dismissive, vapid, obnoxious, etc

life is short and there's so many good people out there, don't waste your time with him if he is a jerk

Edited by rickysrose - Sep 04 2014 at 1:37am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic