Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amino Acids for Pressing hair...OMG..AMAZING!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bmcduffie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Bmcduffie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amino Acids for Pressing hair...OMG..AMAZING!
    Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:45pm
OK, so I was looking for something to make my daughters hair smoother when I flat iron. She has only had her hair pressed 3 times, but it never lasts because her hair is so frizzy. She also has MAJOR split end issues. I clipped all of the split ends and used catnip for conditioner last week. The catnip was good, it made her hair very soft. I plan to use it as a conditioner every two weeks to stop the split ends. I am using mostly natural homemade products on her hair right now because the stuff in the store seems to dry it out. I am learning to care for her natural hair.

Ok..on the amino acids. I used braggs amino acids on her hair.

First I clarified with a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with distilled water and neutrogena anti residue shampoo. The clarifying made her hair kind of dry, but as soon as I started applying the amino acids her hair started to feel like silk. I mixed three tablespoons of braggs amino acids with 4 ounces of water. I sectioned her hair and applied a good amount to each section, then she sat under the dryer for 10 minutes then I blow dried it (not to make it straight, just to dry it with the amino acids on it). After her hair was completely dry, I rinsed the amino acids out and applied alter ego garlic mask conditioner with more amino acids and say her under the dryer for another 10 minutes. Then I washed it all out very well with cool water. Her hair was DEFINED, SOFT, and NOT TANGLED one bit. It was amazing. I am a BELIEVER in amino acids.

I blew her hair out and flat ironed it then pin curled it. Blowing drying was so EASY, not one tangle, it dried super quick. I could still smell the amino acids, but its not a strong smell. Her hair looks so thick, I mean THICK and SHINY, I used megasilk heat protectant and some fantasia shine serum. Not one frizzy hair anywhere. It is so bouncy and full, I cant believe it . Even the stylist couldnt get her hair to look like that. I think the amino acids coated her hair. The baking soda helps the amino acids bind to the hair strand. I will be using the braggs in the conditioner every two weeks and then using it during the blow dry every month. I will keep you guys updated. I had to share because it is amazing.

Questions, comments... let me know!

Edited by Bmcduffie - Feb 05 2013 at 8:48pm
Sponsored Links

momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:46pm
what made you try that? did u read up on it somewhere?
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:52pm
the way u applied it sounds exactly how ppl apply brazilian keratin treatments though. if there's high levels of proteins or similar bonds, you may have whipped up a healthier more natural keratin treatment.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 3:54am
I did something like this on my natural hair and love it! This weekend it is my plan to do it again but flat iron and see how it goes. 
honeybee10 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybee10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:38am
I'm going to try this on my hair. Thanks for sharing!
Brilaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brilaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:03am
Interesting, I'm bookmarking this so that I can try this sometime soon. Thanks!
Bmcduffie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bmcduffie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 6:32pm
Ok, I tried it because this stylist wanted to do an amino acid smoothing on my daughter because her hair need strength and to loosen the curl. The amino acids loosen your curl. She wanted to charge 115. I hung up the phone and started researching amino acid smoothing systems. They are MUCH healthier and better than the keratin treatments. They are done the same way, but there is NOTHING unnatural.

I decided to do the treatment myself instead of paying high prices for the systems that had nothing but amino acids in them. Braggs is much cheaper. I just did everything like a keratin treatment, but used my own organic amino acids. I also did not flat iron the hair with the amino acids like the system. I just blow dried it with the aminos.

Note**** Your hair will feel VERY COARSE with the aminos in it while blow drying...that is OK. It will feel like butter once washed out, after blow drying. It does not smell great either, but you will love what it does to your hair. It also made my nails super strong after using it. Use it on your nails and see the difference. her hair is still bouncy, shiney, and beautiful today. Her pin curls are holding up great, Ask any questions. I might need to market my own amino acid system ;-)
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 6:38am
 interesting. i was just about to buy braggs to use instead of soy sauce LOL
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:37pm
I want to try amino acids on my hair. I don't want to flat iron my hair, but maybe I'll do all your steps before the flat iron to get defined, soft, and untangled hair.
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 4:33am

There are non keratin smoothing treatments that loosen your curl and provide smoother hair results. They mainly use the amino acid cystine. I actually wrote an article about them. I have tried one  out before and i got great results. Shiny, slightly smoother curls that reverted in a few weeks time.

I am currently looking into one that uses arginine and does not require heat to activate.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style