Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

american idol melt down, thoughts ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:20pm
Right???? Cosign this whole post (except for the crossed out part) Embarrassed

LMAO Mariah's shade throwin'! She's the best at it LOL

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i agree with nicki surprisingly.. i cant stand her on this show.. she makes me not wanna watch and i typically love auditions. But i hate when they force someone to pick.. some of these ppl are trying to find themselves.. if they must pick let them do it when they get on the show, damn its just an audition to find out if they can sing. 
I wish nicki would have communicated better though. instead of starting to bang on the table (although sarcastic) and storming off.. 

but mariah was funny to me.. 
"im trying to help her versus...... commenting on her outfit......" 
"realllllly? is that what you do..... you go home and watch it... reaaaaaally?" 
and on another part she was like, "that bra wouldnt fit you..... no. it wouldnt..." 
like her tone and everything. 
shes a bish. i like her. 

Edited by Alias_Avi - Jan 24 2013 at 10:21pm
Sponsored Links

tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:23pm
IA with what Nicki was saying...like the girl started to second guess herself and just agreed with what they said. And the "country thing" comment-I think what she was saying was most people tell her to sing country, or that she has the voice for country, but her heart is more into soulful music, and if possible she'd like to blend the two or do both. Keith panties got all twisted and Mariah, though she has been in the industry for a long time, has NEVER sang country. Who died and made her the expert.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

nicki had a point...they all showed their asses...
reashairjourney View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reashairjourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

IA with what Nicki was saying...like the girl started to second guess herself and just agreed with what they said. And the "country thing" comment-I think what she was saying was most people tell her to sing country, or that she has the voice for country, but her heart is more into soulful music, and if possible she'd like to blend the two or do both. Keith panties got all twisted and Mariah, though she has been in the industry for a long time, has NEVER sang country. Who died and made her the expert.

Yes she has "Right to dream" which she wrote with willie nelson and help me make it.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

i think she was already unsure of herself and it showcased in her performance.  they were trying to get her to steer in one direction.  i actually feel like it was a really nice way of saying, "look, your voice is nice...nothing stand out...but to even have a chance of going forward you are going to need to sing country. you yodel.  what you're doing is not working"....nobody has time to baby these contestants and let them go in a direction that isn't going to work out for them in the long run(in the context of the show)...i think Nicki is annoyed with sitting on a panel of singers b.c they look at an audition differently than someone who is more of an entertainer(although a very talented one).
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 10:14pm
I lol'd

Edited by EPITOME - Jan 31 2013 at 10:24pm
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 10:25pm
  Of course Nicki would think that because her own critiquing sucks. She always critique clothes and always give them bland critiques. They weren't making that girl choose. They were only trying to see what is it the girl really wants to do with her talent. Nicki was being extra.Nicki ain't even in any of the other judges'league.. Oh and them wigs are still awful.

Edited by EasterBell - Jan 31 2013 at 10:30pm
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

I lol'd

LOLLOL
Mz. Mocha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz. Mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 7:51pm
Anybody watching it right now?
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 8:48pm
Lol...I didn't really read past the 2nd page. But I see both sides:

In NM's defense, yeah it seemed like unnecessary harping.

But coming from an industry perspective, if you don't create a clear identity, it'll be very hard to market yourself. When I submit artists for consideration, it sucks but the first thing the gate keepers ask is "what does he/she/they sound like?". If you're yoddling on every note, you're country - end of story. And that's the point that the other 3 were trying to make.

No one cares that you want to create a cute title for yourself when you have no celebrity collateral to go behind it. If Mariah comes out next year with an album and creates a new genre called "pink butterfly pop" ppl will buy into it because she has the grammy's & more to go behind it. But when you're a nobody knocking on the door to come in, the only way the industry can market you is to unfortunately box you into something that makes sense for the general public to understand.

If the contestant knew how to package herself and knew exactly what her sound was and where it fit in on the grand scheme of the industry, she wouldn't be on AI singing for a chance to compete.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic