BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Ambi destroyed face, help???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
marissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ambi destroyed face, help???
    Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 10:10am
I bought Ambi Fade Cream for oily skin on Saturday. That night, I put a bit on my dark spots (hyper pigmentation from acne) to see how I would react. I left it on for about 6 hours before I washed it off. Nothing happened so I thought I was ok.

On Sunday, I put on a layer in the afternoon (I wasn't all out in the sun) and washed it off by evening. Nothing bad again. Then on Monday, I put some on in the morning before class. Throughout the day, I felt a little itch but thought nothing of it because I'm always itchy. I got home late and just fell out and went to sleep. When I woke up Tuesday morning, my face was red and bumpy. I had hundreds of small/flesh colored bumps on my face. It is Wednesday morning and the bumps are still there, but not as severe as on Monday.

Did anyone else have a reaction like this to Ambi? My skin always had uneven coloring, but I don't want it to have this ugly texture too. Ouch

Also, I'm returning it later on. I'm never using it again.
Sponsored Links

misscapri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote misscapri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 10:37am
It could've been an allergic reaction from the sun w/ the product. I think it will go away.
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 2:06pm
U were not supposed to use it in the sun!! Why did you do that?? U need to change the Topic to: "I destroyed my own face through improper use of Ambi", because right now you are making it seem like Ambi did u dirty.Angry

I will say stop using it and just clean ur face with water and a washcloth for now, until you feel comfortable enough to use another cleanser.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 2:27pm
Sounds like your skin doesn't like whatever compound that is contained in Ambi fade cream.  I too suffered an reaction from using the fade cream.  It has taken me years to come to terms that I have very sensitive skin.  I can't just use any ol' thing to fade dark marks.  What is helping me is using a low strength Retin-A and using sunscreen consistently.
marissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote marissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 7:58pm
@misscapri: Hopefully you are right. My face isn't as red as it used to now. I used a mild face peel and the bumps are not as prominent anymore.

@iluvmihair: I was not out in the sun with the Ambi, and if you read my post you would see that. Actually, the package states that it contains sunscreen in the formulation but that it is advisable to wear more sunscreen on top, which is what I did. The only sun exposure I had was walking to and from class, I wasn't sitting outside getting a tan so calm down, lol.Smile The reason why I used Ambi is because my mother uses it and she goes outside in the daytime with it on every day and nothing happened to her skin. Ambi makes it clear that it can be used under makeup, so the company is assuming that customers will wear it in the daytime and not at night only. I never said Ambi was bad or that I hated it, just asking if anyone else had a reaction so that I could get help and fix my face. What works for one person doesn't always work for another, I guess I'm just allergic to Ambi, lol.

@NARSAddict: Thanks. I'm not sure what it was (exact compound) that caused it. I have used the Ambi for normal skin years back and I never had a reaction like this. I'll just stay from all fade creams from now. The low strength Retin-A, is it a prescription or can it be bought at a store? Before I was just using a very mild facial peel and sunscreen.

Edited by marissy - Apr 24 2013 at 8:00pm
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 2:55am
O, ok. My bottle says something about avoiding exposure of the Sun, so idk if I have an old version or something, but yea I only wore it after the Sun went down or if I knew I was just going to be in the house. But you're right, everything doesn't work for everybody. I love Ambi though Heart
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by marissy marissy wrote:

@NARSAddict: Thanks. I'm not sure what it was (exact compound) that caused it. I have used the Ambi for normal skin years back and I never had a reaction like this. I'll just stay from all fade creams from now. The low strength Retin-A, is it a prescription or can it be bought at a store? Before I was just using a very mild facial peel and sunscreen.

I get it via a prescription.  You could get it in the "grey" market from Indian website but I cannot vouch if it is a real thing or an adulterated version. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 12:33am
You wore it correctly you should be able to wear it during the day under your make up so it is not your fault. Ambi is an okay product.....Depending on how long your skin has had the dark spots or uneven skintone, you can treat this with more frequent face masks alternating between clay masks and scrubs. Yes your skin will feel dry and tight at first, but stick with it and pack on extra moisturizer. Alternating these treatments has worked a miracle on my skin. It has evened my skin tone out and any spots i had started to fad. I used store brought mask and also made my own mask. One mask I made was to strong and it burned my cheeks and chin area BUT after that healed new shinny healthier skin appeared. I created a peeling mask and didn't even realize it, lol. The chaffing lasted about 3 days then the beautiful glowing skin appeared. But I packed on the moisturizer and sunscreen....So find you a clay mask and scrub which you like  and use them every other day for 30 days and you will be amazed.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 2:03am
Honestly you may not be able to use aggressive products like that. I have very sensitive skin with occasional eczema breakouts as well so anything that has a strong acidic ingredient in it is a no-go. I stick to Palmer's cocoa butter and lemon/brown sugar scrubs. And even then, I need to double up on moisturizing afterwards to maintain my skin's balance.
marissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 2:11pm
^I'll try lemon next then. I have used plant based masks and scrubs before without problems.

*update* My skin is much, much better now. My skin texture is still very odd and bumpy, but I only notice it when I touch my face. My friend didn't notice the texture of my skin yesterday until I told her what happened and she looked at my face more closely. Thanks, ladies, for all of your suggestions!Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic