Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

AmberColour's Hair Venture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 8:01pm
Well, I have been thinking about hair growth and genetics...
My grandmother "says" her hair was extremely long when she was younger until she cut it...Stern Smile
I am just wondering if this is another typical story that some... people... like to use...
But. Then Again.
My hair was long before... I cut it... TWICE.
LMAO.
Oh, well. I will continue to question it until I see the picture proof (if they even had any back then...).
But it also helps me have great expectations for growing my hair...
Whether it is true or not.
I'm aiming for LONG NAPPY HAIR!!!!! 8D
I would go into what my goals are but I take this venture cautiously and carefully--Don't wanna jinx it or anything.
I wanna enjoy my hair at each length.
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 8:03pm
I am proud of myself this month though.
This is my second time taking HSN vitamins and I have been completely consistent--I haven't missed any days yet.
I only missed a day of MSM powder, but I think it's not so bad as missing the vitamins.
Hope I can continue the whole bottle consistently! =D
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 5:22am
I definitely know about vitamin taking I have load like multivitamin, glucose sulphate, cod liver oil and a bunch more its always good to know you stay consistent. This year is all about consistency.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 8:31am
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

I definitely know about vitamin taking I have load like multivitamin, glucose sulphate, cod liver oil and a bunch more its always good to know you stay consistent. This year is all about consistency.
Definitely.

>>>>>>
I took my twists out yesterday...
My hair feels very weird.
First, there was just so much hair shed/broken(?). o_O
I couldn't tell what my hair needed by the feel, but I DC'd and then used my Aphogee 2 minute.
Well, I am the type to get on the ball after something like that happens.

So, today (or tomorrow--I need cayenne) I am going to do an 100 day GA challenge for myself.
I'm going to use sulfur and cayenne. I'm going to try and twist my hair down somehow even though it's pretty short. Hope I can.
And it seemed like some parts of my hair grew, but it wasn't consistent.
Because that dumb braider...Dead
And the goal is for evenly thick hair, so I know I'll have to trim, BUT I'm not doing that just yet.

It seems like the HSN Spring Valley isn't doing much, but maybe I can't give a fair "review" of them, but I won't be continuing usage of them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 9:03pm
Today Feb, 2

This will be the start of my "100 Day Growth Aid" thing.. 
Yes. Thing. LOL

So, initially I want to apply my oil mix to my scalp everyday. I've already done it for today(Surprised it did not take long--felt really good to get to massage my scalp again).
I took a little bit of castor oil and heated it up in the microwave for a few seconds, just enough to warm it up but not to the point where it was hot. I mixed it up with my sulfur oil mix (which is just 2 tbsp(?) of sublimed sulfur in a mix of oils I had on hand, 8 oz.

So, I plan to apply/massage my scalp everyday, either morning or night (which ever time allows).

The only thing is I will be alternating which oil I mix with the sulfur oil.
The oils I have on hand are Avocado (TONS!--I need to make use of it), Castor(To help thicken my hair), a little bit of Jojoba and Grapeseed(which I will most likely not use, since I use this as a moisturizer), and Sweet Almond oil. I have not had the chance to use Sweet Almond oil so I'm not really familiar with it.

I think I'll just alternate with the Castor Oil and Avocado, being that I have so much of the two.

I will be most likely cowashing my hair every other day or 3rd day. I would shampoo-wash every other day, but it's too stripping, even though my hair doesn't show it... I just love washing..

I think I'll check back every 3 days to update my consistency! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 9:17pm
I think I'll start measuring my hair by the CM(centimeters)..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 8:36pm
Day 1 (Feb 2nd): Castor oil
Day 2 (Feb 3rd): Avocado oil (I also baggied last night)
Day 3 (Feb 3rd): Castor oil (Going to whole-head baggy again tonight)

I consistently oiled my scalp for these days, so tomorrow I will conditioner-wash my hair..
Gotta keep it up! Bbl

Edited by AmberColour - Feb 04 2013 at 8:48pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 1:32pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 5:29pm
For Feb 4th and Feb 5th I consistently oiled my scalp.. Going to do it tonight also!
(I'll probably update less as time passes, so it's not too monotonous)

This looks good. I'm going to try this on Friday or Saturday. **

Most likely Saturday. And I already have these in my house.
I'm not using Eggs though. I'll just use conditioner and make it a Deep Condition. I don't need the protein.

...Love her HAIR! :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:08pm

Yay! Today I'm DCing.

I decided to just use the rest of my Shea Moisture in the yellow jar.

I personally love the product for twistouts.

It is good as a base for your deep-condition treatments. I didn't find it that great by itself.

I applied some EV Coconut oil to my hair before adding the mix. I just mixed the SM with some EVOO and then I applied some of my Dove Pure Clean Conditoner (I don't like this as a rinse out or detangling conditioner, but I need to use the rest of it since I just have a small amount left at the bottom.

As for oiling my scalp:

I've been consistent except for on the 8th, but I got right back into it for yesterday.

I have changed up my HSN vitamin to the OneSource which you can get from Walmart. I have used this one time before and I could tell a difference in the way my hair felt and grew out in that one month! So here's to another. 

And I have also added Mineral Rich by Maximum Living. It's a really good liquid vitamin and it helps increase your energy levels! As said by other ladies who are taking it. I was so happy to find it in a local Health store in my area. They didn't even charge tax. I will make that place my regular place to get oils and other things I need. I want to pick up some Grapeseed oil and some Tea tree oil, but I still some left

I saw that another woman on this forum likes to add glycerin to her conditioners. I plan to try that out very soon.

Edited by AmberColour - Feb 10 2013 at 4:09pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>