Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Amber Riley Cries @ H'weird weight pressures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 27>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

well she shouldn't mix business with her personal life. she's the one who brought up hollywood and being offered "fat girl" roles.

she was being interviewed, and she honestly answered the questions that were asked.
Sponsored Links

James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:08pm
yes i have and i know what to expect so i've never acted surprised or stunned at what i walked into.

being a cowboy fan i know what to expect from other fans and i take it all in stride. maybe i am being a bit too hard on amber but call it tough love. she needs some thicker skin to be in that business imho.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Many Black women are not concerned about health though

If appearance is their main motivation then I can see how one would yoyo diet. I believe that health and lifestyle changes can only be the true denominators to staying fit

Once Black women start getting concerned with their health and the health of their children, they will start to see real changes in their physical appearance

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Black women want to lose weight but many clearly just don't know how to lose weight properly and how to maintain weight loss. I don't know how many black women I know who've lost weight then gained it all back, only to repeat this pattern for years on end until they just give up.

A major problem is that the goal is LOSE WEIGHT for purely cosmetic purposes, rather than to receive the vast benefits that come along with a healthy weight and lifestyle. People will do all sorts of things to lose weight, rather than doing what it really takes to lose it and keep it off.

I believe that we're essentially saying the same thing.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

well she shouldn't mix business with her personal life. she's the one who brought up hollywood and being offered "fat girl" roles.

Umm...it was an interview for a show that's basically about her struggle.
I don't understand what you're saying...

the interview was her discussing body image on tv

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Amber_Riley_cries_discussing_body_image_on_TV/44697921
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:11pm
I think a bigger issue is poverty and the lack of access to fresh produce and safe and appealing outdoor environments to workout at

I swear I want to research how to build a garden and share this information with folks in the urban environment

It's ridiculous to have to buy expensive produce at walmart or wherever
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:12pm

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Amber_Riley_cries_discussing_body_image_on_TV/44697921

That a part of her story....
She's not allowed to express her feelings and tell her story?

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I think a bigger issue is poverty and the lack of access to fresh produce and safe and appealing outdoor environments to workout at

I swear I want to research how to build a garden and share this information with folks in the urban environment

It's ridiculous to have to buy expensive produce at walmart or wherever

i see the same fat black folks in the suburbs as i do in poorer neighborhoods. 
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:14pm
Tyra Banks cried, got mad, and told folks to kiss her fat ass when they called her fat.

Jennifer Love Hewitt cried and got mad when folks called her fat. 

Kim Kardashian cried when talking about her 72 day marriage.

Kanye look like he bout to cry every time he look at Kim.

Women cry.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:14pm

That a part of her story....
She's not allowed to express her feelings and tell her story?

she can do what she want.

my point is don't cry about a situation you put yourself into. she chose that career path knowing the consequences.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:16pm

she can do what she want.

my point is don't cry about a situation you put yourself into. she chose that career path knowing the consequences.

That's so stupid.
I'm sure she's happy with her career.
But she's been struggling with her weight for 14 yrs.
This is bigger than hollywood.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 27>
  Share Topic