Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Amber Riley Cries @ Hweird weight pressures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 27>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:50am
She needs to loose weight, just saying 
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:55am
I think she knows she should lose weight

I sympathized for that struggle. However, I don't entirely sympathize with the struggle to fit Hollyweird standards to get jobs.

Is she crying because she wants to stay overweight and get better jobs? Is she crying because she's trying to lose the weight and it's not coming off quick enough? I can not compute the strong emotion for what Hollywood is not

Edited by Alias_Avi - Nov 21 2012 at 10:56am
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 11:24am
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

It's weird...I literally just started watching "Glee" this week.  I figured it was time, since I do love musicals.

I remember looking for her in every dance scene I've seen so far, and noticing they stick her way in back, and wondering if maybe she's also asking to be stuck back there?

Most of the people up front are the cheerleaders in short skirts, and even when they cut to her, it's very brief and moreso a face shot.

Yeah, that can't be easy.

When I see her though, I focus more on her hair than anything.  I'm still in Season 1 and I'm not liking her choice of wigs or weaves.

NO, she is not asking to be stuck back there. She's just put back there b/c the writers are stupid as fvck. it doesn't get better plot wise as the show progresses....she basically just sings the glory note. not many storylines...and the one she does have are just pushed to the side.

let me stop my bitterness: her hair gets better season 2. She's all natural though underneath.

ETA: she has some really good songs...when she gets the chance to sing. I really liked her cover of "I will always love you" and "Ain't no way".

Edited by Ladybird0724 - Nov 21 2012 at 11:40am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 11:36am
Even when she loses weight she won't get any real roles because of her negro features. All the black girl roles go to Zoe Saldana and them other passable ones. They're not making another The Help for a minute.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I think she knows she should lose weight

I sympathized for that struggle. However, I don't entirely sympathize with the struggle to fit Hollyweird standards to get jobs.

Is she crying because she wants to stay overweight and get better jobs? Is she crying because she's trying to lose the weight and it's not coming off quick enough? I can not compute the strong emotion for what Hollywood is not

i think she's just remembering how frustrated she is that people are not seeing past her size. the article only talks about one part of a whole TV show, not some random azz access hollywood interview she did last week. I'm sure remembering low points in her career are hard, esp. on camera.

i'm sure she knows that she needs to lose more weight to get to a healthier size, and she is taking steps to do so. between the first season of glee and now, she's lost quite a bit of weight.

BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 11:36am

Should she hate herself into a size 2? If she's trying to lose weight, and she already has, then clearly she's on the right track. Healthy weight loss doesn't happen overnight. What do you all want her to say? That she's miserable, and won't leave her house until she's at an acceptable Hollywood weight?

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 11:43am
Right, losing weight is very hard then you have to work harder just to keep it off for the rest of your life. Most will fail at this. I hope she to see her for many years to come in more roles where she isn't just pulled out to be the sassy black woman or to hit the high notes only. 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 11:43am
Hmm

Just sad. This world is.
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 11:46am
Well she needs to audition for some Tyler Perry productions or take her ass to Nollywood then. Hollywood is by white people, for white people. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 11:57am
Do they even have big girls in Tyler perry films aside from himself?

Then Janet Jackson claims she gained 60 lbs for a role. They rather hire her yoyo dieting ass than a real plus size actress. She must've thought she would win an award. Only white people get awards for dramatic weight change.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 27>
  Share Topic