Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Amber Riley Cries @ H'weird weight pressures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

Amber Riley Cries @ H'weird weight pressures

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 27>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: May 01 2008
Location: Why?
Status: Offline
Points: 666198
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:31am
Understood.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 14 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 182052
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:34am
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

It's weird...I literally just started watching "Glee" this week.  I figured it was time, since I do love musicals.
 
I remember looking for her in every dance scene I've seen so far, and noticing they stick her way in back, and wondering if maybe she's also asking to be stuck back there?
 
Most of the people up front are the cheerleaders in short skirts, and even when they cut to her, it's very brief and moreso a face shot.
 
Yeah, that can't be easy.
 
When I see her though, I focus more on her hair than anything.  I'm still in Season 1 and I'm not liking her choice of wigs or weaves.

Glee season 2 is the best it's gonna get. 
Mercedes gets a better weave, better styling options, better storylines, and she's treated as if she's a part of the cast. 
Season 3 went from meh to horrid by the end, with a few good things sprinkled in. Season 4 is a borderline offensive snoozefest.
Back to Top
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: May 01 2008
Location: Why?
Status: Offline
Points: 666198
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:39am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

It's weird...I literally just started watching "Glee" this week.  I figured it was time, since I do love musicals.
 
I remember looking for her in every dance scene I've seen so far, and noticing they stick her way in back, and wondering if maybe she's also asking to be stuck back there?
 
Most of the people up front are the cheerleaders in short skirts, and even when they cut to her, it's very brief and moreso a face shot.
 
Yeah, that can't be easy.
 
When I see her though, I focus more on her hair than anything.  I'm still in Season 1 and I'm not liking her choice of wigs or weaves.

Glee season 2 is the best it's gonna get. 
Mercedes gets a better weave, better styling options, better storylines, and she's treated as if she's a part of the cast. 
Season 3 went from meh to horrid by the end, with a few good things sprinkled in. Season 4 is a borderline offensive snoozefest.
 
Girl I'm hoping, cuz her hair just doesn't fit her face in Season 1!!!
 
I'm not gonna lie though, everytime she comes in screen I do wonder what she'd look like smaller...and I don't like what I picture.  I dunno...I think she'd turn into Jennifer Hudson as far as looking too small for her face...
 
I'm mad no one is thinking about Finn being punk'd into being a father.  Everyone's feeling sorry for everyone else but him.
 
This was, however, hands-down my favorite scene so far this season LOL:
 
Back to Top
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 17 2009
Location: New Yawk
Status: Online
Points: 54537
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:48am
reading this thread sounds like ppl are going hard on hrt being over weight because ppl were hard on them being skinny
Back to Top
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: May 01 2008
Location: Why?
Status: Offline
Points: 666198
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:50am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

reading this thread sounds like ppl are going hard on hrt being over weight because ppl were hard on them being skinny
 
Damn...never thought of that--that's pretty interesting...
Back to Top
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 10 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 226536
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:51am
It's funny cuz I was thinking the exact opposite

Feelings got caught either way tbh

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

reading this thread sounds like ppl are going hard on hrt being over weight because ppl were hard on them being skinny
Back to Top
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 10 2008
Location: US - Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 90776
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Im jus sayin...


Jennifer Hudson inspired a lot of Black women (that I know) to lose weight. There's something powerful about seeing someone who looks like you, that's your age and size, get in shape

I'm glad you said that YOU know because I don't know of anyone J.Hud inspired to lose weight
Back to Top
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 14 2012
Location: North Sea
Status: Offline
Points: 48120
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 3:17am
I like Amber Riley and wished they had shown her more on Glee. She was the better singers in my book, her and that gay kid. I don't think she should have to lose weight for parts but for her own health. There is nothing like being 31 years old and rushed to the hospital because they think your ass is having a heart attack. Believe me, I know this from personal experience. It sucks. 
Back to Top
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 08 2010
Location: Ethiopia
Status: Offline
Points: 284000
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 3:18am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Im jus sayin...


Jennifer Hudson inspired a lot of Black women (that I know) to lose weight. There's something powerful about seeing someone who looks like you, that's your age and size, get in shape

I'm glad you said that YOU know because I don't know of anyone J.Hud inspired to lose weight

I know a whole heap of people that mute the TV when her commercials would come on.
Back to Top
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 28 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 184248
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 3:25am
losing weight wont stop people from going in

they didnt ease up off of JHud at alllll

everyone goes through something and you have to get through whatever it is for your owns reasons
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 27>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down