BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Amber Riley Cries @ H'weird weight pressures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:19am
You don't need to be that big in Hollywood to get bashed.

Actresses who put on even 5-7lbs will get slammed pretty badly.
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:20am
I like Amber Riley

She's as cute as a button. I feel bad for her b/c she naively came into Hollywood hoping that the standards wouldn't be as harsh as people say they are
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:21am
Well, getchya feelings out...

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

I'd rather watch/listen to a great actress/singer with a weight problem/acne than to listen to a skinny one with clear skin and no talent.  Then again, I have taste and sympathy for people representing the real world.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:22am
I wouldnt tell you to stop crying because your emotions are yours. If that's what you wanted to do with your life, and you were hurt by the things people have said to you, I'd feel sympathy towards you. 

I understand how the business works, and what the business looks for, and you're right, it's not for the faint of heart. But Im not going to downplay your emotions just because "you should know" how cruel the world is.  

I dont think it sounds silly at all. 
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I like Amber Riley

She's as cute as a button. I feel bad for her b/c she naively came into Hollywood hoping that the standards wouldn't be as harsh as people say they are

This is how I feel.

Yeah, I can't imagine how hard it was, but Hollywood is unforgiving.

They will even take the actresses who are pretty slim and still Photoshop them to skeletal realms!!!

But yeah, if it bothers her that much she should look into options--but I still think it's fine for her to cry about it.
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:23am
Amber can lose weight. And at age 26 she probably should get that shyt together. Dont listen to them sista gurlz telling you stay strong and be fat, dont give into the haters and stay fat because that dont mean you unhealthy. A size 16 now will be a fcking 26 in 10 years.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:24am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

I wouldnt tell you to stop crying because your emotions are yours. If that's what you wanted to do with your life, and you were hurt by the things people have said to you, I'd feel sympathy towards you. 

I understand how the business works, and what the business looks for, and you're right, it's not for the faint of heart. But Im not going to downplay your emotions just because "you should know" how cruel the world is.  

I dont think it sounds silly at all. 

I Heart you

This is what I'm getting at.

There's no denial from me that she's a big girl, and for Hollywood standards, she's considered huge.

But why can't she cry?

Make a girl keep everything inside and shot herself in the head over depression.

Ya'll mean.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:27am
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

Amber can lose weight. And at age 26 she probably should get that shyt together. Dont listen to them sista gurlz telling you stay strong and be fat, dont give into the haters and stay fat because that dont mean you unhealthy. A size 16 now will be a fcking 26 in 10 years.

No one is telling her to stay fat, but losing a considerable amount of weight for other people wont yeild good results either. 

It's exaggerations like these that fuel my aesthetics argument. 
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:28am
It's weird...I literally just started watching "Glee" this week.  I figured it was time, since I do love musicals.

I remember looking for her in every dance scene I've seen so far, and noticing they stick her way in back, and wondering if maybe she's also asking to be stuck back there?

Most of the people up front are the cheerleaders in short skirts, and even when they cut to her, it's very brief and moreso a face shot.

Yeah, that can't be easy.

When I see her though, I focus more on her hair than anything.  I'm still in Season 1 and I'm not liking her choice of wigs or weaves.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:30am
I ain't mean to judge her for crying
That's my issue. I can be a hard azz at times LOL

I just can't identify with lettin' them demons in enough for them to make me cry but then again everyone ain't like me so....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 27>
  Share Topic