Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amber Riley Cries @ H'weird weight pressures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:30am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

why shouldn't she get to the average weight for her size? 
because y'all still want her to stay a little fat?

Why should she?
Because y'all are tired of looking at her fat?

What's with being so defiant about being fat? Like whats with the "I aint gonna lose weight because I dont wanna let the haters win" LOL sometimes the haters are right.  She went to Hollywood so she know what the deal is. 

Whatever she does with her body, I'll be happy for her, however, I dont like this ruse that it's about her health. Say what you mean, "I dont like looking at her fat ass, so I think she should lose weight."

So being overweight isn't about health?
A size 16 when you stand at only 5'2 is healthy?

I'm not some catty high school girl clowning the girls love handles, her ass is obese.  Obesity and health go hand in hand, you cant talk about one without talking about the other.  I'm not even separating the 2 because at this point you cant.

Sponsored Links

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

In comparison to what?
The skinny Black actresses that are still being othered?
Let's face it, she still wouldn't be *"accepted" if she was skinnier

*"accepted" as in the way you're using it

Yes, black actresses are still being othered, I never said they werent, she actually mentions it in the interview posted. But she should change something about herself to get table scraps? She, a human being, cant feel some sort of way about people sh*tting on her because you dont like the way she looks? 
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:31am
you don't have to be mean, or extremely bitchy because you want someone to lose weight. 
like, wtf is that? 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:33am
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Did anyone make the thread on hairsprays weight loss?

looks even worse and still racist as ever i bet.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:34am
Overweight doesn't automatically mean unhealthy....it just means you're more likely to develop certain diseases.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:35am
why is she wearing ill-fitting clothes? 
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:37am
I know right...her face is hideous without the extra fat filling it out
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:38am

Why should she?

What's with being so defiant about being fat? Like whats with the "I aint gonna lose weight because I dont wanna let the haters win" LOL sometimes the haters are right.  She went to Hollywood so she know what the deal is. 

Whatever she does with her body, I'll be happy for her, however, I dont like this ruse that it's about her health. Say what you mean, "I dont like looking at her fat ass, so I think she should lose weight."

I'm not some catty high school girl clowning the girls love handles, her ass is obese.  Obesity and health go hand in hand, you cant talk about one without talking about the other.  I'm not even separating the 2 because at this point you cant.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that all these people care about her health and not her aesthetics. Yes, obesity and health go hand in hand, but if she was scarfing down medium pizzas and dorritos on a daily basis, and by whatever means stayed a size 6, nobody would be sayin boo. 

No, there would be talking. People would be saying, "must be nice," "that weight is gonna catch up with her one day," "I wish I could do that," with statements like "her blood pressure/cholesterol must be sky high" few and far in between. The health angle is convenient, but I doubt seriously that it's genuine. 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:39am
She doesn't have to change tho
That's what I've been sayin!

She can love and accept herself (and really that's more important) at her weight now

but she can't have her cake and eat it too.

She can't accept herself at her weight AND waste energy crying over the shallowness of Hollywood and the world

Once you truly do the former, the later no longer matters... doesn't make sense

I feel for her... i do. Life is not fair. People are rude and shallow but we know this, right?

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

In comparison to what?
The skinny Black actresses that are still being othered?
Let's face it, she still wouldn't be *"accepted" if she was skinnier

*"accepted" as in the way you're using it

Yes, black actresses are still being othered, I never said they werent, she actually mentions it in the interview posted. But she should change something about herself to get table scraps? She, a human being, cant feel some sort of way about people sh*tting on her because you dont like the way she looks? 
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:40am

Why should she?

I find it incredibly hard to believe that all these people care about her health and not her aesthetics. Yes, obesity and health go hand in hand, but if she was scarfing down medium pizzas and dorritos on a daily basis, and by whatever means stayed a size 6, nobody would be sayin boo. 

No, there would be talking. People would be saying, "must be nice," "that weight is gonna catch up with her one day," "I wish I could do that," with statements like "her blood pressure/cholesterol must be sky high" few and far in between. The health angle is convenient, but I doubt seriously that it's genuine. 

I can't speak for everyone else, but when I saw those stats at her age I thought about her health as well. That's why I made the Nell Carter comment.  Health and weight do go hand in hand

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>