BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Amber Riley Cries @ H'weird weight pressures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:56am
Bashing?

Who? When? Geek
Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:57am
And I wasn't aware you needed permission to cry.

I'll be there for when some of you are crying up in this very forum about eye-rollable sh*t just to ask if you've filled out your form that enables your tears to matter.

Damn.  Feel better about yourselves?  LOL

smmfh.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I'm sorry if I come off as unsympathetic on this issue but I do find it hard to sympathize with any person who is complaining about people not accepting them because they are overweight.

This is one issue that most people have actual control over
There's no need for crying when you could be putting in work and changing your diet

If you don't want to lose weight, fine.
But no amount of tear shed is gonna make extra weight (around the belly and face) more attractive to most

What do you want us to do about it?

But...here's the thing. 
She has lost weight (I didnt read the whole OP, but Farra says it's 30lbs), and she did that for health. Her doctor says she's cool (that's from an interview I read on Tumblr). She doesnt have to be attractive to everyone, or even most people, I just find malice in threads dedicated to how much someone should lose weight, because like I said, it's rarely about their health. 
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:59am
Do you think Pilar Sanders cries about what people say about her figure? Meagan Good? Brooke Bailey?

You could say Pilar too muscular, Meagan aint got no curves and Brooke body store bought all day long but I bet not 1 out of those 3 would be crying.  Amber crying because she can admit to herself she has a weight problem.  I wouldnt knock her if I saw her in the mall but she knew what the deal was when she came to Hollywood. She's big by real life standards, what did she expect when she came to la la land? Dont cry for her Argentina...
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:04am
Big girl problems
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:05am
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

Do you think Pilar Sanders cries about what people say about her figure? Meagan Good? Brooke Bailey?

You could say Pilar too muscular, Meagan aint got no curves and Brooke body store bought all day long but I bet not 1 out of those 3 would be crying.  Amber crying because she can admit to herself she has a weight problem.  I wouldnt knock her if I saw her in the mall but she knew what the deal was when she came to Hollywood. She's big by real life standards, what did she expect when she came to la la land? Dont cry for her Argentina...

OMG this! Pilar worked hard for her body and she's not about to let a skinnyfat chick or any of the 82% of overweight black women tell her she's too thin or muscular. She's confident in her sexy.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:05am
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

It's usually positive things. If it's not, there's usually some good to counteract the bad. For every "eww" they get, they get 5 more "damn, she fine!"

With Amber, for every "damn, she fine!"s, there are 10 more "eww"s.

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Nov 21 2012 at 1:06am
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:11am
Skittles,

I applaud her for doing something about it.

But if I could ask her one thing it would be "why would you sign yourself up for something like being an actress in Hollywood when you're not emotionally ready to be confronted with the realities of the business?"

I once had severe acne. Since many of you seem to have little sympathy for those of us who have suffered (or still do) with this condition, this would be a good analogy for you. That would be equivalent to me with severe acne, striving to become an actress and then crying over the 'frustration and exhaustion' of being told that I need to get rid of my acne if I want a chance at playing anything other than a loser.

Acne is not always a sign of "bad health". Most people have a problem looking at it b/c they don't find it attractive. I knew this but I went to Hollywood anyways. Now why would I go to (materialistic and shallow) Hollywood wishing that they would see beyond my acne and cast me as something respectable and be vocally mad about it when they don't?

Doesn't that sound silly?

I never once bashed this girl. Why would I do that? I feel her struggle, I just don't understand crying to Hollywood reporters about it

Edited by Alias_Avi - Nov 21 2012 at 1:11am
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:14am
I'd rather watch/listen to a great actress/singer with a weight problem/acne than to listen to a skinny one with clear skin and no talent.  Then again, I have taste and sympathy for people representing the real world.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:18am
i think i have more sympathy for people with acne conditions than someone like Amber...she's really not that big.  she has many options as far as weight loss.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 27>