Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Amanda Knox found guilty again!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amanda Knox found guilty again!!
    Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:41pm
**personally I think she's innocent 

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher Italy murder

Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, June 2011 (composite image)Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are seen here in 2011 when they were acquitted

A court in Italy has reinstated the guilty verdicts against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito for the murder of UK student Meredith Kercher in 2007.

American Knox - who is in the US - and her Italian ex-boyfriend Sollecito had pleaded not guilty.

She was sentenced to 28 years and six months in jail, while Sollecito received 25 years.

The latest verdict overturns the pair's successful 2011 appeal, which freed them after four years in jail.

Ms Kercher was stabbed to death in the flat she shared in Perugia with Knox.

After nearly 12 hours of deliberations, the judges delivered their verdict in a courtroom in Florence, Tuscany.

They ordered that damages should be paid by the pair to the family of Ms Kercher. Ms Kercher's brother Lyle and sister Stephanie were present when the verdict was read out.

Raffaele Sollecito, 30 January 2014Raffaele Sollecito was in the courtroom earlier

Sollecito was ordered to surrender his passport. Extradition proceedings against Ms Knox, who refused to return to Italy for the case, may now begin.

'Flawed'

Thursday's fresh appeal hearing was ordered by Italy's highest court, the supreme court in Rome.

It had found that the 2011 appeal - which acquitted the pair - was flawed.

Continue reading the main story

Analysis

image of David WillisDavid WillisBBC News, Washington

Since her release from prison in October 2011, Amanda Knox has sought to pick up from where she left off.

Returning to the community on the outskirts of Seattle where she grew up, she re-enrolled at the University of Washington to study creative writing, and apart from a brief flurry of interviews to promote her autobiography - entitled Waiting to be Heard - has otherwise sought to keep a low profile.

But much as she may crave anonymity, Knox remains a constant source of fascination for the tabloid press which follows her every move.

Knox refused to return to Italy for the retrial, citing what she called on her blog the "smoke and mirrors" of the prosecution, but she has continued to maintain her innocence, writing: "I am not a murderer... I did not kill Meredith or take part in her murder, or have any prior or special knowledge of what occurred that night. I was not there and had nothing to do with it."

Knox maintains Rudy Guede - a drug dealer who is serving 16 years for Ms Kercher's murder - acted alone.

The court in Florence heard from Knox's defence team in the morning, before the two judges and eight jurors retired to deliberate on a verdict.

Summing up, Knox's lawyer, Carlo Dalla Vedova, told the court her innocence was "rock-solid and it allows us to await the verdict with serenity".

The supreme court overturned their acquittals last March after an appeal by prosecutors, who argued that important DNA evidence had been disregarded.

Ms Kercher, from Coulsdon in south London and 21 at the time, was found with her throat cut in a flat she shared with Knox in the college city of Perugia, in the central region of Umbria.

Rudy Guede from the Ivory Coast was convicted of her murder at an earlier trial and sentenced to 16 years in prison.

Prosecutors sought to prove Ms Kercher had died in a sex game involving Knox and Sollecito that had gone wrong.

They have since alleged that the murder resulted from a heated argument over cleanliness in the Perugia apartment.

Arrested days after the murder and detained in prison, Knox and Sollecito were tried and convicted in November 2009.

In 2011, an eight-member jury cleared both defendants of Ms Kercher's murder after doubts were raised over procedures used to gather DNA evidence.

Ordering a retrial last year, the supreme court moved proceedings from Umbria to Florence, in the northern region of Tuscany.

Sollecito, 29, told the court in November that it made "no real sense" for him to have committed "such an atrocious act".

Sponsored Links

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:43pm
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:44pm
Qwhite woman going to jail after something she did do.dancing (4565) Animated Gif on Giphy

Edited by f8dagrate - Jan 30 2014 at 9:10pm
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:46pm
LOL i actually think she's innocent
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:46pm
so they r trying to extradite her ..her boyfriend is still there 
My God this poor girl...i really would love to know what happened

did they ever find the knife that killed the roommate?
so many questions, but no real answers
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:48pm
i think the Italian court sees Amanda as an American first...
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Man, my tears are reserved for others. She will be ight all WhiteLOL

Had to come back and change the last word.Makes more sense this way.

Edited by f8dagrate - Jan 30 2014 at 4:03pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:56pm
Not even gonna give her a glance. When she blamed that black guy no fuks were given when they put the poor guy through the ringer.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:58pm
she never has to set foot in Europe again so i'm sure this will just gain her more notoriety and money here in the U.S.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jan 30 2014 at 3:58pm
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Man, my tears are reserved for others. She will be ightLOL

she could actually be extradited tho so i feel bad for her
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs